TimberLook Windows

Has anyone used this company before?

https://www.timberlook.com

Before we part with over £7,000 for 12 replacement units, I’m trying to do due diligence to see how good they are. 

I know they’re not all singing all dancing alu-clad timber, but just checking the company seems reasonable and perfectly acceptable on the quality side of things. 

Thanks all! 

Not sure I have heard of them tbh, they look decent enough Uw as low as 1.2W/m2K would indicate not a fantastic frame value but a fairly decent frame value but only offering double glazing.

They are owned by https://www.a-w-s.co.uk who I have heard of and they own a couple of brands and use decent profiles.

I can’t comment on them as I don’t really know them but I would say you appear to be in decent hands.

• jack changed the title to TimberLook Windows
On 06/02/2024 at 11:39, CotswoldDoItUpper said:

Is this something I could DIY fit? Quotes in the region of £3k to replace and dispose of old ones. Seems a lot for 12 windows! 

Yes but it's not as straight forward as you may think, an idea of what would need to be done below and would need to be surveyed.

• Traveling to and from project
  • Delivery (whether delivered direct of from manufactuer or collected from them)
  • Offloading
  • Setting out
  • 3 windows a day, fully finished = 4 days approx. x 2 people
  • removal of existing windows
  • Installing new windows
  • Making good internally
  • Making good externally
  • Notifying building control (i.e. if Fensa required) 
  • Disposal of old windows
  • Tools
  • Knowledge
  • Experience
  • Installation Warranty

That's less than we'd charge to be honest, that would just about cover our labour charges.

Edited by craig

On 06/02/2024 at 11:39, CotswoldDoItUpper said:

Thanks all. Seems a reasonable price.

Next question…

Is this something I could DIY fit? Quotes in the region of £3k to replace and dispose of old ones. Seems a lot for 12 windows! 

I have just had 12 windows fitted for a similar price but new build so nothing to remove.  Also we are left with any packaging / general crap.