Fixing plywood to blockwork

Chanmenie

What’s the best method to fix plywood to blockwork ?

I’m planning on lining the wall of the plant room with plywood rather than plasterboard to make it easy to screw pipe clips and support brackets to the wall.

Anyone got experience of attaching plywood to lightweight (aircrete ) durox blocks ? 

Spent a lot of time testing different fixings in aircrete and these came out on top https://www.ukbuildsupplies.com/85mm-insofast-fixings-for-drywall-and-insulated-plasterboard-pack-of-20

drill a hole in your ply but not the block and hammer it home.

I drove one of these 50mm into an aircrete block, stood on the block and tried to pull it out as hard as I could and it never shifted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chanmenie said:

What’s the best method to fix plywood to blockwork ?

I’m planning on lining the wall of the plant room with plywood rather than plasterboard to make it easy to screw pipe clips and support brackets to the wall.

Anyone got experience of attaching plywood to lightweight (aircrete ) durox blocks ? 

I just used left over slate batons 

506E504E-AA05-4ECB-8441-5E78710D1642.jpeg

Our spark refused to fit our consumer unit etc in the plant room until it was boarded over. And then Intumescant paint on the backboard for the CU, inverter etc. 

Fyi our ply sheets were fitted to the blocks using 50mm hammer in fixings. Seems to have been a spot on job. In hindsight would not have bothered at all as all the gubbins ended up on a separate board as the spark wanted to run the cables behind it. So I'd just stick a couple battens on the part of the wall where you'll be mounting your gear, and use fire rated backboard.

For pipe clips etc, wee concrete screws are no bother. For light blocks you just drill a smaller pilot hole. E.g. 4mm isntrad of 5mm.