Tree stump stuck in fence

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

You get lots of journeys on public transport for 50quid.

Don't think we have enough busses to get out the county, regardless of price.

You've got loads of nice beaches though, our nearest is Southend, which doesn't count. Nearest decent beach Sandbanks!

4 minutes ago, dscoll said:

Southend

Went to school in Westcliff on Mud.

All our beaches are covered in both dog and human shit.

Anyway, had spring tides, so they have all vanished for a few hours.

Apparitions appear at night though.

IMG_20231004_192652896.jpg

Edited by SteamyTea

2 hours ago, Iceverge said:

A wire cutters would have it removed in 60 seconds. Patch it up with some wire the. 

I'm going to get a bigger blade for the reciprocating saw and try that. If it doesn't work this is the fallback solution, though I don't think its 60 secs with my wire cutters. pcv coated chainlink is pretty tough, so I may need boltcutters as @saveasteading suggests

38 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Having read all the above, I'd say rather than try to separate it from the wire:

1 - Cut it out with the attached wire.

2 - Do a repair using ~£2 worth of chain link.

Then dry the stump, split it as much as possible with an axe. then burn it in the stove.  Then retrieve the wire from the grate and put it in the bin.

1 hour ago, saveasteading said:

Not a bad plan. Drill a few holes in for quick access for bugs and water, and it will be gone in 2 years.

Not 2 years though. There are other smaller branches that have been embedded in the fence for 10+ years and they still haven't fell off. Also the stump it quite heavy so it will be pulling on the fence

I like to build a model of something before I try it out.

Why not plant a small tree close to the stump, let it grow though the fence for a few years, chop it so that it is similar to the existing stump, leave for a couple of seasons, then experiment cutting that out.

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

I like to build a model of something before I try it out.

Why not plant a small tree close to the stump, let it grow though the fence for a few years, chop it so that it is similar to the existing stump, leave for a couple of seasons, then experiment cutting that out.

Excellent idea. It's a bit difficult though to see what type of tree it is to get a proper replica, since its only a stump. maybe i'll just plant an oak.