Dirty Harry's Shed

Onoff

Now for something different from across the pond this Friday night! Thought the collective might like to see how they do things there.

At it's simplest my mate lives in Sunol CA, His shed burnt down (leccy fault) and he's built a new one.

The twist is this very shed was where a certain Mr Clint Eastwood spent a lot of time as a youngster (as in slept in there). Gary's place was owned by Clint's nan and he had to stay with her during some tough times at home . And yes, he's been back to visit!

Gary writes:

"And sure, the shed pics are up for grabs - I expect there will be some minor differences at least. We did standard framing as code for a house, 16" centers for the wall studs. We expect if an earthquake did rattle them off their pier bases, they could be lifted again and reset. (The one built as a workshop has almost double the number of piers, would take an industrial pounding.)"

DSCN0743

DSCN0788

DSCN0790

DSCN0834

DSCN0835

DSCN0836

DSCN0839

DSCN0841

DSCN0845

DSCN0847

DSCN0848

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Gary's email to me today:

"We hit 45c over the weekend, and today a big drop to 33 and a good bit of smoky tasting air from fires far north".

:o

But I see in the last pic tha he's ready for them fires with the water containers and a bit of hosepipe.

On 9/1/2017 at 21:31, MikeSharp01 said:

Yep it won't work upside down as it breaks the logo use rules.

Expect Dupont will sue his ass off for that being upside down.