22mm hep2o in to a soil pipe

Thorfun

50 minutes ago, Timedout said:

What about solvent weld overflow pipe. There are adapters off the shelf. Very similar dimensions.

Need something using proper fittings rather than cobbled together with parts of similar dimensions. 

39 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Strap on boss connector 

sure, but what connectors for 22mm Hep2o to solvent weld?

36 minutes ago, FuerteStu said:

Would you need to know if it was discharging? 

I've seen a pressure release dumping Mains water down a drain for months unnoticed. 

Nope. Don’t need know. Just need it secure and leak free.  

3 hours ago, Thorfun said:

@Nickfromwales will the above boss connector work with a hep2o 22mm pipe? i've read before that you said not to use compression with hep2o pipe although others have different opinions on that subject!

actually, this is a stupid question i think! if i'm worried about compression on to the hep2o then i can just couple to 22mm copper and compress that into the above boss connector.

sorry for my daftness!

8 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Is the water discharging under pressure? What's the pipe servicing?

Only gravity. This is the discharge from the RWH header tank. If the water has been in the tank unused for a period of time it is flushed out using gravity and replaced. The manufacturer suggests running the 22mm pipe back to the tank so it can be re-used but that’s a long way and I’m not worried about doing that. So I just want to discharge to a soil pipe. 

although, now I think about it that water will go straight in to my STP rather than out to the ditch.