Window prices 2023

gavztheouch

It’s been a while since I got a quote for our windows. About a year ago they where about 40% higher than they were in 2020. I couldn’t really see why this was the case as wood and energy have come down from there crazy peaks. Anyway I was wondering if higher interest rates have helped soften window prices, anyone noticing any drops?

I agree Our first build was when the Brexit vote was announced Everything went up then 

This time no one could have predicted it But plenty have added there but onto the price hike 

Suppliers are feeling the pinch 

Got a quote last November, for supply and fit internorm. Had the quote revised today, same price as back then. Tbh wood and metal prices have come down so was expecting same for the windows, not the case, unless the provider/installer ain't passing it on.

• 1 month later...

In that case what is the recommendation. This has to be fitted in by an installer otherwise there is no paperwork.
What % is the labour of the overall project?
I got a rough quote to replace door to the backyard (standard door 870mm W x 2070mm H) and one window (972mm W x 990mm H) £2000
I asked all PVC and triple glazed.

9 minutes ago, JohnBishop said:

In that case what is the recommendation. This has to be fitted in by an installer otherwise there is no paperwork.
What % is the labour of the overall project?
I got a rough quote to replace door to the backyard (standard door 870mm W x 2070mm H) and one window (972mm W x 990mm H) £2000
I asked all PVC and triple glazed.

BCO can sign off window installation. That's what I'm doing as I didn't trust any of the local fitters to pay enough attention to the airtight detail. 

1 minute ago, jayc89 said:

BCO can sign off window installation. That's what I'm doing as I didn't trust any of the local fitters to pay enough attention to the airtight detail. 

Does it mean you do it yourself then contact BCO?
Do you mean the local fitters are not good enough. I mean I contact those that have reviews 4.6+

3 minutes ago, JohnBishop said:

Does it mean you do it yourself then contact BCO?
Do you mean the local fitters are not good enough. I mean I contact those that have reviews 4.6+

You should contact BCO before you start any work, but yes, fit yourself and they can sign it off (mine just asked for pictures of them being fitted. I.e. mechanical fixes at correct spacings, wind tight and airtight detail etc.)

I'm sure there are plenty of decent fitters around. Most near me come with a can of expanding foam and bog standard mastic to gob around the frame, which isn't what I was looking for. I used Illbruck's i3 system when fitting mine. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

My internorm and dako windows quotes have dropped slightly, since February this year. Cortizo aluminum windows have doubled in price since February. Just got a quote from enersign they are also double the price I initially received but this was 3 years ago.

Edited by gavztheouch

On 15/10/2023 at 19:43, gavztheouch said:

enersign they are also double the price I initially received but this was 3 years ago.

Spoke with them about retailing, great window and values but I couldn’t justify the price bracket.

Prices are astronomical but you get what you pay for, best window on the market tbh (potentially). The market for their product here in UK is pretty small.