Face mask advice/recommendation for loft insulation work

I'm going to be clearing out my loft soon, including pulling out the old flattened insulation and reinsulating with 300mm (100 between rafters/200 over the top)

As I'm going to be spending quite a few hours each day up there over a few weeks I want a proper filter mask rather than the cheap disposable ones. I've been looking about and assume a FFP3 type would be best but not sure if I should get a face mask, half mask or full mask. I'm leaning towards a half mask (something like this ) but what have others used either as DIY or if you do this kind of thing for work.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers

Paper suit and washing up gloves masking taped to your sleeves. a new suit each day you plan on doing it isn't a bad shout.

One with eye protection would be best but you will be boiling hot so it will just steam up so just get the one you linked.

I have these at work for my joiner when on the saw ripping wood, sweats like a sweaty thing!! Then takes them off when I leave.  

I recently did some work in my loft and set up a decent workshop hepa filter hoover.

no black snot, no sweaty head success.  And you get to use it as a workshop-garage-car hoover afterwards so more than one use 

Screenshot_2023-07-29-12-25-50-308_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping-edit.thumb.jpg.05077cee1430e6e0b7f860703440d10b.jpg

This is what I use. It's the only protection I have ever had that properly seals around your eyes but doesn't fog up. 

5 mins is plenty though. The thought of wearing it whilst insulating as attic fills me with dread. 

1 hour ago, Mattg4321 said:

Also paper suit and gloves would help. 

Good shout, hadn't thought of disposable suit. Also means I can wear as few clothes as possible as I'm going to be sweaty mcsweaty face up there anyway!

1 hour ago, gaz_moose said:

One with eye protection would be best but you will be boiling hot so it will just steam up

I did think about that, the JSP Force 10 one is full face but I wear glasses and even using safety goggles is a pain. I might still look at one though as I'll be in the loft quite some time over several days

I have several of the Trend battery powered helmets 

Couple of hundred quid but work well for insulating 

They are supposed to be good for anyone wearing glasses also 

For removal I use a 3M 6300 half mask + goggles + elbow-length heavy gloves + paper suit. I'd probably upgrade to a battery-power mask if I had a lot to remove, and I'd buy 3M - their filters have been reliably available for years, unlike some others I've had in the past.

For new, I now choose something that's much more installer friendly - recycled plastic insulation on the last job, and a hemp-based insulation on the current one (though not sure if that's on the UK market).

gloves.png

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'd probably upgrade to a battery-power mask if I had a lot to remove

There's not a huge amount, around 40m2 of the old stuff, but it's moving all the other sh!te up there that'll take the time.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

much more installer friendly - recycled plastic insulation on the last job, and a hemp-based insulation on the current one

That's interesting, I hadn't explored what to replace it with and haven't bought anything yet