Board-finish or Multi-finish?

Thorfun

probably a question for @nod but happy for anyone to chime in! I asked my plasterer what plaster he wants me to buy and he said he doesn't mind. either board-finish or multi-finish. he said they're both pretty much the same product but board-finish is made specifically for plasterboard. he then went on to say that both do the same thing though so either or is perfect.

that means it's down to me to make the decision! F***!!

which means I need help from the forum.

we're having plasterboard on to our timber frame. which do I go for? or does it really not matter? if it doesn't matter why the **** do they make different types? I guess it's just to confuse idiots like me.

can anyone tell me the difference between the two as well? just out of curiosity really.

if no one responds then as @pocster and @Nickfromwales know that I'm a bit of a tight-arse sometimes so I'll just go for the cheapest. 🙄 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nod said:

Multi finish 

I don’t even know why they make board finish I send it back if they deliver to me 

4 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Multi-finish every time afaic.

I've only ever had one spread ask me to take the MF back and get BF, as he was older than Jesus, set in his ways, and refused to use MF on new PB's :D 

how do they differ? is it the way they spread? mix? go off? smell?

3 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Look pal, it's Sunday, stop asking questions that the plasterer can answer when he gets there and says "Thank feck you got MF". :D 

he'll be too busy fixing all the f**k ups I've left him with to answer those types of questions

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Would you like me to make up some answers? I've a spare 30 mins until tea :D 

Go put the telly on ffs.

come on Nick. you know that self-builders can NEVER switch off! even when the telly is on our brains are thinking about the 1000s of things still to be done. it's a curse.

Just now, nod said:

I used board finish for 20 years before multi finish came in You can’t tell the difference once finished Multi is creamier 

thank you. so the creamier-ness of MF makes for a better application I presume? 

I am convinced and will buy multi-finish. I'm just a curious fella who likes to know the why's and how's of things!

Just now, Thorfun said:

come on Nick. you know that self-builders can NEVER switch off! even when the telly is on our brains are thinking about the 1000s of things still to be done. it's a curse.

Fleas come with the dog, pal :) 

You'll not get me feeling sorry for you ;) 

You will be enjoying the fruits of your labour soon enough, and will have a very nice home to boot!

Chin up, and stop worrying about types of plaster. Let the plasterer do that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

thank you. so the creamier-ness of MF makes for a better application I presume? 

I am convinced and will buy multi-finish. I'm just a curious fella who likes to know the why's and how's of things!

and goes further 

• Thanks 1