Ambitious water feature - pumps etc

Not sure if right area of forum...

Building a waterfall type water feature - using large format tiles 2.5m high and 1m wide, 2 of these side by side. There's a waterfall 1.2m wide reservoir with blade going through a letterbox cutout in the middle of the tiles.

So far we're building the supporting frame and have a waterfall

I'm looking for advice on the other bits I'll need:

Pump - to lift to 2.5m

hose

splitter to feed into the 3 inlets at the top

a hose to waterfall connector - these need a 30mm o/d male fitting but I can't seem to find this

So any recommendations on reliable pumps and thoughts on the ~30mm fitting appreciated - not sure if there is an imperial size that is needed (have also asked waterfall vendor but awaiting response).

cheers

Sorry, i can't help but try waterworld. I think they are online. Just don't do what i did. I wanted a stream across my old garden with a bridge. Sump at one end where it looked like it was going under the fence. About 2 meters wide. I wanted the other end, which was a wall covered in Ivy, to be where the water was coming from. I went into Waterworld, and said i wanted the biggest pump and pipe that i could drop in my sump end. They wanted to know things like my flow rate required etc. I told them not to worry about all that, and just give me a huge big pump. The pipe was about 75mm diameter. When i fitted it, and turned it on, i wanted a right good trickle through the Ivy. If i recall, i hit a house about 100 foot away. it was more powerful than a fire hose. So whatever you do get it sized properly.

• Haha 4

Commercial pumps have accurate graphs for distance and height. 

A little height equates to a lot of distance.

For some reason, pond pumps are vaguer on these specifics. Perhaps because they are selling filters and sprinklers to go with them.

You wait until you work out the size of pump needed to provide that lift and flow, and the electrical power it would consume.

I would only consider it if such a thing only ran in the daytime in the summer when it was likely I had surplus from the solar PV to power it.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

You wait until you work out the size of pump needed to provide that lift and flow, and the electrical power it would consume.

MGH

Where M = mass flow rate kg.m-1.s-1

G = gravity, call it 10 m.s-2

H = height in metres, m