Staircase fixing

On 27/05/2023 at 21:32, pocster said:

Here's their plan.

I drill the steel at these points ( presumably 2 holes ). Fix noggins. Timber then horizontal; then pack out with OSB.

What bugs me is a) the work for me and b) the actual top tread fixes at just one point by the blue stairs - so why I need to do the whole lot is pointless.

They fix to the steel any way they want at the top tread end to the steel!

Hula BS9.jpg

Hilti gun the timber to the steel web would save drilling the holes. I've had to this before to fix a ledger for a flat roof.

3 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Hilti gun the timber to the steel web would save drilling the holes. I've had to this before to fix a ledger for a flat roof.

Yeah I know of that method. They will do a steel fixing from top tread to rsj' much better!

22 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Be fun cutting the pockets in those boards! Will be worth it though should look good

Yeah that’s going to be a PIA job for sure, finished treads are much bigger than the steel so there plenty of room to make the cuts oversized.

It should be really nice when it’s finished 😬

Now I remember the fun I have with initially planning and then BC

Send plans to BC

Someone ( I'll assume human with an IQ around 4 ) responds "is this a new application?"

I say no - it's for building control

They respond - you should send this to building control

I say you are building control

Would you like me to forward it to building control 'it' responds' ? ( bare in mind the email address is building.control@ ....... )

I say yes.

Days later no acknowledgement from BC or anything.......

Do you think they don't get a (expletive deleted) about me?

Edited by pocster

Now I’ve done it . I rattled the cage with that staircase approval .

BC said “ seems it was 6 yrs ago we visited , a long time … “ .

Everyones a critic! Wants to come and take a look !!! Oh (expletive deleted) 

• Haha 2

Well ! I’ve now booked a bco to visit Thursday .

Masses of confusion on the phone as they kept asking me why I want him to visit !

F me - I don’t know either , because he’s (expletive deleted)ing bored after 6 years .

A tick box exercise for sure 

Edited by pocster

They might have lost all the old reports due to time since the last visit, and want to start again from scratch. Can you try and record it so we can all have a listen. "We don't appear to have a record of seeing  A,B,C etc" ....."Kin chuffing mother........rs..... it was a baldy bloke, Glasses, stubble"......... Oh, he retired, just after the Queens Jubilee. The Silver Jubilee. How long did you say you have been working on this project ?   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

They might have lost all the old reports due to time since the last visit, and want to start again from scratch. Can you try and record it so we can all have a listen. "We don't appear to have a record of seeing  A,B,C etc" ....."Kin chuffing mother........rs..... it was a baldy bloke, Glasses, stubble"......... Oh, he retired, just after the Queens Jubilee. The Silver Jubilee. How long did you say you have been working on this project ?   

I was genuinely going to record it anyway as I do all council stuff . So I can hang them if need be and also prevent myself saying stuff I should ( not ) .

• Like 1