Help with Utility room space

Here are the pictures from reality. The kitchen has always been destined to lie on the right hand side due to ease of plumbing and it is the longest wall to the right. 
I know there is a lot of open space which is why I figured the utility behind the kitchen (to the right) is best located. 
Ditching the utility appears to be a good working solution. Now we just need to figure out dishwasher or not as it doesn’t have a place in the existing kitchen so that a fridge freezer can sit on either walls. Everything given. 
I am not sure I am making any sense. 

8fe4c584-28fa-4674-addc-5f33dfe29a68.jpeg

bead1a64-c422-45c0-851f-4ae4f662cc42.jpeg

3f7bbd07-8fcd-463f-8e71-63a207e12ea7.jpeg

Edited by Sophiae

10 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

where the DPC, the builders forgot it ?

What you’re seeing is the left over from last year’s mess. There is a DPC but it’s not shown in the pictures. This is going to be addressed again once the decision is made regarding the utility room. 

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

where the DPC, the builders forgot it ?

Along with the cavity closers and the bonding and pointing of the blockwork and mixing concrete and thermalite blocks in the same wall. DPM not lapped with DPC. I could go on..

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Canski said:

Along with the cavity closers and the bonding and pointing of the blockwork and mixing concrete and thermalite blocks in the same wall. DPM not lapped with DPC. I could go on..

That does look like a rough build.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

amazed BCO signed off that. Shocking really.

No one is signing that off, it’s very very poor standard of work..

Again needs addressing before carrying on with more work that will then make carting our remedial works harder/more expensive

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TonyT said:

No one is signing that off, it’s very very poor standard of work..

Again needs addressing before carrying on with more work that will then make carting our remedial works harder/more expensive

And I wouldn’t recommend going through your project manager. You should sue him for a refund of his fees if he has allowed that to get into that state. I’m sorry I’ll add to the list ….patio door threshold is completely wrong. 

2 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

How should that have been done? It's exactly how ours here is (built 20 yrs ago)

The floor should go across the (insulated) cavity up to the outer skin of brickwork. I suppose there’s a chance that the FFL is a course of blocks above the engineerings and the outer skin of blockwork is missing but I doubt it. 

On 15/05/2023 at 18:21, Canski said:

You are absolutely. All of this will be knocked down and rebuilt from ground up. 
The foundation was the only thing that’s passed. 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2023 at 23:02, Canski said:

And I wouldn’t recommend going through your project manager. You should sue him for a refund of his fees if he has allowed that to get into that state. I’m sorry I’ll add to the list ….patio door threshold is completely wrong. 

I had a whole week of negotiations and arguments. He promised to take all of it down and rebuild to specs using another set of builders with building regs on top of things before they leave site again. He said I will not be charged for any of it. 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2023 at 21:08, Dave Jones said:

amazed BCO signed off that. Shocking really.

I was under the impression that he did, but just discovered BCO said everything has to be redone from ground up. He only approved foundation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1