Kitchen layout ideas

t3rm3y

Hi, im hoping to get some ideas or what people would do if they had our small kitchen? 

we are a family of 4 and it is a kitchen / dining room so needs a table and chairs. 

Currently the layout is functional with the oevn on side and sink the other, and the washer and fridge are in the other section, but storage is limited, and i think it could be better, we are planning to redecorate so nows the time to get the ideas in.. image attached of the floorplan, and what is currently there. 

kitchen.png

For a small room like that I would consider removing the dividing wall and making it just one room. It will free up a lot of space.

Then I would consider whether I need 2 doors to outside. I would lose the backdoor. Then the kitchen units could form a U around the left hand end of the room and the table could be in front of the window.

A lot of course depends on your budget and what you want to achieve.

• jack changed the title to Kitchen layout ideas
On 08/03/2023 at 21:13, ProDave said:

I would move the oil boiler.  As space is a premium, consider an outside oil boiler instead.

Won't this add an extra cost to the project though? And potentially a large amount. I was thinking of just sticking it in a dummy cupboard that amtches the rest of the kitchen

On 08/03/2023 at 21:02, AliG said:

For a small room like that I would consider removing the dividing wall and making it just one room. It will free up a lot of space.

Then I would consider whether I need 2 doors to outside. I would lose the backdoor. Then the kitchen units could form a U around the left hand end of the room and the table could be in front of the window.

A lot of course depends on your budget and what you want to achieve.

I'm not sure if it can be removed. It may be a supporting wall? 

I would have to get a building surveyor to confirm?

The plan may not be great, there's only the 1 back door. Its a window where the opening at the sink is 

Nice idea though of having it go around the back and left walls, and table in front of window...  Do you know if moving incoming water pipes is easy enough to get from one side to the other?