Got full planning granted today !!!

Post and beam

Congratulations. That is quick. You’re already ahead so use the time well. 

Took us 13 weeks for planning and 7 weeks for the warrant with a 5 week gap between gaining planning and applying for the warrant. 

Get a lock up, and start filling with the expensive stuff, when you see a bargain.  I bought the full heating, ventilation, solar PV system well before I started, all bought in the pre lockdown sales in March 2020.  Our planning came through in September 2020.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Get a lock up, and start filling with the expensive stuff, when you see a bargain.  I bought the full heating, ventilation, solar PV system well before I started, all bought in the pre lockdown sales in March 2020.  Our planning came through in September 2020.

That's sort of why i have been asking loads of questions on here about prices i have been given for ASHP, UFH and MVHR. Some suppliers are taking the P!ss

Have not seen a bargain yet to jump on

The best deals are from wrong orders, mis-measures etc.  I once got 27 high quality internal doors from ebay.  They were supposed to be FD60 and got made as FD30, so sold to the highest bidder.  They were a mix of 926 626 and I stored them for a while and sized the openings to use all of them.  Saved over 90% and they delivered!

• Like 1

You might notice some inconsistencies between the elevations, we have been playing with combinations of Render, cedral cladding in a choice of 2 colours and brick.

Will put the internal up later although they are here somewhere from when i was asking about MVHR options.

Rear ( East) elevation.png

South elevation.png

Front (west) elevation.png

North Elevation.png

• Like 2

On 07/03/2023 at 16:08, Mr Punter said:

The best deals are from wrong orders, mis-measures etc.  I once got 27 high quality internal doors from ebay.  They were supposed to be FD60 and got made as FD30, so sold to the highest bidder.  They were a mix of 926 626 and I stored them for a while and sized the openings to use all of them.  Saved over 90% and they delivered!

Yeah , I had some walk on glazing “ wrong ordered “ - couldn’t give it away .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Post and beam said:

You might notice some inconsistencies between the elevations, we have been playing with combinations of Render, cedral cladding in a choice of 2 colours and brick.

Will put the internal up later although they are here somewhere from when i was asking about MVHR options.

Rear ( East) elevation.png

South elevation.png

Front (west) elevation.png

North Elevation.png

Took me 5 yrs to get planning - so you’ve been a bit quicker . Question is now can you build it quicker than me ? . Funnily enough Facebook showed me a photo today of when I broke ground - it said “ 10 years ago today “ ; which is of course a lie .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pocster said:

Funnily enough Facebook showed me a photo today of when I broke ground - it said “ 10 years ago today “ ; which is of course a lie .

I keep on getting similar stuff asking me to look my memories from 3,4,5,.... years ago. My recollection say different which is why I hate both google photos and MS Onedrive...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SimonD said:

I keep on getting similar stuff asking me to look my memories from 3,4,5,.... years ago. My recollection say different which is why I hate both google photos and MS Onedrive...

Fb isn’t fibbing for me of course !!

• Like 1