Tesla smartness

Pocster

Something I never understood though ….

My inverter ( pv ) DNO limited output is 3.6k

I get that 

But the PowerWall also has an inverter ( hence why DNO wouldn’t let me have another )

Yet during summer I can’t export more than 3.6k . Shouldn’t pv inverter be exporting AND PowerWall simultaneously??? . 

6 minutes ago, pocster said:

Something I never understood though ….

My inverter ( pv ) DNO limited output is 3.6k

I get that 

But the PowerWall also has an inverter ( hence why DNO wouldn’t let me have another )

Yet during summer I can’t export more than 3.6k . Shouldn’t pv inverter be exporting AND PowerWall simultaneously??? . 

Did you tell the DNO on a G99 application when you fitted the second system.  What did they "allow" you to have?

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Did you tell the DNO on a G99 application when you fitted the second system.  What did they "allow" you to have?

I can’t honestly remember. I spoke to my DNO for over an hour . Confused the hell out of me . But as I have 2 inverters ; combined ‘ output ‘ was the issue . A 2nd PowerWall would of course been another inverter .

Thinking about it . I would need both batteries to be full ( power wall and SolarEdge ) so I’m exporting as much pv as I can AND perhaps get the PowerWall to discharge simultaneously. But of course I can’t get the pw to do that . Perhaps that’s the restriction DNO is concerned about ? . Combined output from pv clipping and PowerWall discharge to grid . Can’t happen though !! 🙄