cutting 210mm hole in timber frame?

7 hours ago, Thorfun said:

For the cost of the hole saw I’d be using a jigsaw. In fact, that exactly what I did and it all worked out well!

Surely for the cost of the electricity you'd have used a pad saw? 😂

• Haha 1

Well I'm the proud owner of a padsaw and jigsaw so all of this is opening up endless possibilities...dont begrudge the cost of proper tools but I'm tending to agree with @Thorfunthat jigsaw with fine blade is the way forward.

Another question however - cutting one hole in either the internal or ext OSB will be easy - but how best to cut the matching one so it mates properly in the horizontal and vertical planes?

24 minutes ago, markharro said:

Well I'm the proud owner of a padsaw and jigsaw so all of this is opening up endless possibilities...dont begrudge the cost of proper tools but I'm tending to agree with @Thorfunthat jigsaw with fine blade is the way forward.

Another question however - cutting one hole in either the internal or ext OSB will be easy - but how best to cut the matching one so it mates properly in the horizontal and vertical planes?

can't help with that as I only had external OSB but my normal procedure is 'wing it and hope for the best'.