15 hours ago, Oldsteel said:

Got mine paid in full 1st week in March, so that's just under 6 months. But judging by recent posts they are better staffed now. We were meticulous with our invoices, went through them 2-3 times before submission to ensure they met the criteria. Sadly, excluded about £2k's worth on this basis, we had tried to police this when buying but with the stress of the build its inevitable we would drop the ball on a few occasions. But, it was paid in full with no queries. Now, the only question for me is should I have waited until final BR sign-off, which was 5 months after occupation? We had a fair amount of expense over that period, so lost out on VAT reclaim monies. But we were paranoid about the 3-month window and whether they would insist it was from moving in date ..........

There is some evidence (including a Tribunal case) to suggest that a second claim ought to be accepted. Look back through this thread - pretty sure it's mentioned, maybe in one of my posts summarising a list of Tribunal cases?

Perhaps worth a shot given there's no fee for submitting the form.

14 minutes ago, jack said:

There is some evidence (including a Tribunal case) to suggest that a second claim ought to be accepted. Look back through this thread - pretty sure it's mentioned, maybe in one of my posts summarising a list of Tribunal cases?

Perhaps worth a shot given there's no fee for submitting the form.

To add: I've found the case, and this is what HMRC's current guidance is: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/revenue-and-customs-brief-8-2022-single-diy-claim-first-tier-tribunal-andrew-ellis-and-jane-bromley/revenue-and-customs-brief-8-2022-single-diy-claim-first-tier-tribunal-andrew-ellis-and-jane-bromley

In summary, it sounds like it was a lot more complex than just submitting a second claim. Still possibly worth a read of the original case if there's a lot of money involved.

We got a payment form HMRC today. No warning, just arrived in our account. Submission end of September.

They have not paid ~£600, no idea what for but I suppose we'll eventually find out when something arrives in the post?!

• Like 1

@jackthanks for the link. It does look complex though, and tbh we havent been that meticulous about correcting and saving invoices since the claim went in, probably looking at about £2k in claimable VAT lost. So a second claim would probably not be cost effective.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Received a text from HMRC last week…..

”HMRC: Your DIY refund has been issued. Please allow up to 10 working days for it to reach you, don't contact us before this time. You'll receive a letter with more information on how your refund has been calculated.”

Paymet received and a letter received this week.

Claim was submitted 30 Nov 2022, so just over 4 months in total to process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They've certainly sorted their act out. Just received my reclaim in my account, took 2 months exactly from the day I posted off the claim. Happy with that! The cash is badly needed!

The amount was £500 light, so I'll wait to see what they've not paid me for.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2023 at 13:39, Conor said:

We got a payment form HMRC today. No warning, just arrived in our account. Submission end of September.

They have not paid ~£600, no idea what for but I suppose we'll eventually find out when something arrives in the post?!

Balance paid to us last week.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2023 at 15:45, Wagas said:

They've certainly sorted their act out. Just received my reclaim in my account, took 2 months exactly from the day I posted off the claim. Happy with that! The cash is badly needed!

The amount was £500 light, so I'll wait to see what they've not paid me for.

They witheld the venting hob VAT, which is fair enough. It was a long shot anyway, some people get it approved and others don't.

Anyway, my credit card balances are a lot lower now and I can now finish the patio 😁

• Like 1