Working correctly

It’s been been a while ; so perhaps I haven’t noticed .

Inlet valves in rooms I can feel a definite air flow . Outlets ( to the outside ) ; so bathrooms etc. I can feel nothing at the vent . Even a piece of tissue infront the vent doesn’t stutter . This correct ? . Though if I take a shower the mvhr kicks in - so I assume working ???

I can't feel anything at my extract points but if I put a sheet of toilet roll at the terminal the air flow holds it there.

When did you last check the filters? Do you have filters in the extract terminals, if so you should be changing 6 to 12 monthly.

16 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

I can't feel anything at my extract points but if I put a sheet of toilet roll at the terminal the air flow holds it there.

When did you last check the filters? Do you have filters in the extract terminals, if so you should be changing 6 to 12 monthly.

Changed the filters 3 months ago - they were filthy 

11 hours ago, dpmiller said:

what style of outlets are they? Some screw in and out, some systems need orifices changing, and then you've got overall fan speed too.

I’ve taken an outlet off . Still struggling to feel any air movement. But as I said , if I have a shower it doesn’t take long for the mvhr speed to ramp up - so it’s seems to be sensing humidity .

Edited by pocster

9 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

If the system isn't balanced, perhaps it just needs balancing?

Any photos of the nozzle assembly, also the manifold?

So as a test to prove it’s all working could I block all outlet valves ( plug them ) and just leave the bathroom one open . I’m assuming then I should definitively feel air being drawn out as only 1 outlet valve in use .

29 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

You are more likely to notice the supply air than the extract air.  The supply air will feel slightly cooler.  Have you commissioned the system so the valves are set up for the correct flows?

I haven’t tbh . But the inlet valves the airflow is obvious . The outlet valves is so slight it’s almost unnoticeable. I’m fairly certain ( from a year ago when we moved in ) you could feel the outlet valves airflow . What would you suggest I do to ‘check’ the outlets ?? 

31 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

@pocster Can you remove one of your extract valves? If so, do so and put your hand up inside it - perhaps in a small fist if you've got room - and I suspect the air flow will be much more noticeable.

Did exactly that - got my fist right up in it . Definitely feel the ‘pull’ a bit more - so I guess it’s working ….?