Pan Connector lower than Soil Pipe

GrantMcscott

Hi

We have 2 soil pips that come straigh out of the wall and were set for having tiles on the bathroom floor.  We have now changed to LVT in the bathrooms meaning the soil pipe is 15mm higher over a distance of 200mm.  

Will this cause me an issue or will I need to ply out the bathroom floor to raise it?

thanks

You will need a pan connector anyway to fit into the soil pipe, so you might try an offset one like this

62254.jpg

It would in effect increase the depth of the U bend in the WC and still leave the outflow going down hill.

No doubt a plumber will come along now to say why not, but I did this years ago in a previous house to line up with the outlet that was a cast iron pipe cemented into the house wall which i did not want to replace.

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

You will need a pan connector anyway to fit into the soil pipe, so you might try an offset one like this

62254.jpg

It would in effect increase the depth of the U bend in the WC and still leave the outflow going down hill.

No doubt a plumber will come along now to say why not, but I did this years ago in a previous house to line up with the outlet that was a cast iron pipe cemented into the house wall which i did not want to replace.

Will give it a go it will raise the water in the pan a little but testing will see if it is an issue 🙂 

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

No doubt a plumber will come along now to say why not

I am not a plumber (but have done loads), using that will leave a small amount of water permenantly against the seal but as long as it’s good it will work (it’s what I would do.)

What are you measuring …?? You’d be surprised that the WC pans aren’t all equal and I would measure to the inside of the bottom lip of the pan and do the same for the soil pipe. That will give you your true offset.

If laying LVT I would just glue and screw down a layer of 6mm ply and then LVT over that, pan on top of the lot. If you need any more height then use another layer of LVT under the pan cut slightly back and then a decent sealant bead tooled properly would cover it anyway. That gives you 18mm and a downhill connection.

12 minutes ago, PeterW said:

What are you measuring …?? You’d be surprised that the WC pans aren’t all equal and I would measure to the inside of the bottom lip of the pan and do the same for the soil pipe. That will give you your true offset.

If laying LVT I would just glue and screw down a layer of 6mm ply and then LVT over that, pan on top of the lot. If you need any more height then use another layer of LVT under the pan cut slightly back and then a decent sealant bead tooled properly would cover it anyway. That gives you 18mm and a downhill connection.

Measuring centre of the pipe.