Confessions of a plumber

Pocster

Ok - I’m not a plumber , though I do have many confessions.

If I paid a plumber to do this job he would of been worth his weight in gold . So respect to some plumbers !

Apart from my glass sliding ensuite door I don’t think I’ve said (expletive deleted) and (expletive deleted) so many times in one day .

Finally on the wall ( to remove before tiling ) ; slight weep on the wanky bottle trap .

What was wrong with this simple job ?

Can’t wall mount properly as one hole at the rear is effectively inaccessible.

So put brackets in wall and will ct1 basin too wall .

Supplied waste is too long unless you like seeing thread . So had to buy a shorter one .

Bottle trap is a right (expletive deleted) . Only pipe that fits as outlet from bottle trap to wall fitting is their supplied one. Unlikely as it sounds it is made of kryptonite and a mofo to cut 

Supplied tap tails too long . Hence why you see that big hole under the basin as to originally where I thought the water supplies would be .  Determine not to buy new shorter tails aswell .

Taken me all day to get on the wall , I thought the macerator would be a pig not the bloody sink !

25718AEA-82CB-40E9-9BD2-4CDD68B30C6D.jpeg

044D6FDD-16BE-485A-8AEF-D491B727D775.jpeg

Edited by pocster
Bitch

All ready to test tomorrow

CBE8F294-6BA7-402F-99F9-E9BF6064A0F3.thumb.jpeg.3919383916ee62c8eca56a7488cbda6b.jpeg

This glue better than the osm standard stuff . It’s runnier so spreads better . The applicator is a ‘sponge’ ball - so it’s easier to send round the edge of a pipe even if you can’t see it .

630A19A1-5862-439A-B3AC-72A26B398FF2.thumb.jpeg.3d0334481b4d35ac7088d9f69cc9a8e5.jpeg

Where is the cistern and flush pipe going to fit with that diagonal pipe running across the wall?

You might want to pop a bit of timber behind the pan to brace the flush pipe when you push the pan back onto it - my plumber didn't follow that advice.  I have since had 4 leaks from the bloody thing.  All sorted now - just the resulting damage to put back together.

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

This is where the magic happens :D 

You could have used a chrome compression elbow ffs!  I’ll post you a fiver now to cover the upgrade cost. ;)  

Didn't think/know of a chrome one. TBH you can't see it unless you get down there. I'm so (expletive deleted)ed off with it - that as long as the tails disappear (for the most part) it will be good enough.

Just now, Faz said:

Where is the cistern and flush pipe going to fit with that diagonal pipe running across the wall?

You might want to pop a bit of timber behind the pan to brace the flush pipe when you push the pan back onto it - my plumber didn't follow that advice.  I have since had 4 leaks from the bloody thing.  All sorted now - just the resulting damage to put back together.

There is no cistern - SPECIAL TOILET!

Tomorrow I just want to check it all works. Once boarded out and tiled toilet bolts to floor so no moving backwards.

13 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You could have used a chrome compression elbow ffs!  I’ll post you a fiver now to cover the upgrade cost. ;)  

Quickly looking on flee bay and amazon can't find a silver/chrome one.......

Just found one.

https://www.drainagepipe.co.uk/chrome-plated-abs-waste-bend-90-degree-x-32mm-p-CW10/

15 quid ffs! - that's how you plumbers up your 'parts' price! "Chrome luv, that's expensive . You know 'cause of brexit and so forth. That fittings 50 quid luv - but it will look great, better than cheap white plastic '

Oh ok B&Q

https://www.diy.com/departments/floplast-chrome-effect-compression-90-waste-pipe-bend-dia-32mm/136755_BQ.prd?storeId=1280&ds_rl=1272379&gclid=CjwKCAjwwL6aBhBlEiwADycBINHr2CKCLBunLag8FsePvL7apO8fwTvsAk-7eMH9fSNKmvj6sIQXUxoCKEIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But their stuff is shite.

Edited by pocster

3 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yup. B&Q. 

I (expletive deleted)ing hate that store. I hate the logo. I hate the sick orange colour. I hate the shit products ( especially the displays of kitchens/bathrooms failing apart ). I hate the people that work there. I hate the people that shop there.

9 minutes ago, pocster said:

I (expletive deleted)ing hate that store. I hate the logo. I hate the sick orange colour. I hate the shit products ( especially the displays of kitchens/bathrooms failing apart ). I hate the people that work there. I hate the people that shop there.

Which should see you in and out in a flash then? :D 

See you back here in 10 mins with said chrome elbow. 

How I would laugh, literally until each of my nuts fell from my sack, if it was out of stock when you got there, but the website said they had 3 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Which should see you in and out in a flash then? :D 

See you back here in 10 mins with said chrome elbow. 

How I would laugh, literally until each of my nuts fell from my sack, if it was out of stock when you got there, but the website said they had 3 🤣

Ain't (expletive deleted)ing go there. Try not to spend my time driving to shit shops. Ordered one from shite bay - saves me a trip to orange spunk bob shop.

• Haha 2

I love all the cutting to get things to fit. 😂 

I spent ages making up a template for the bottom of my electricity kiosk for three ducting penetrations - one in and two out. Placed it on the bottom of the kiosk, cut out the holes then did the same when I was building up the foundation. Perfect I thought. Measured twice as well. When i came to place the kiosk over the ducts one of them was out by 5mm and no amount of cajoling would get it through the hole so had to cut a notch out to get it to fit. Hardly a big deal in the grand scheme of things but annoys the eff out of me whenever I open the kiosk 😂 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Onoff said:

However sh!t his plumbing looks (and the way he cuts holes in boards), his tiling will be dead level and put mine to shame.

Only let down by pi$$ colured grout!

Oi bitch ! Only swmbo’s ensuite has wee coloured grout ( her preference , truly a golden shower ) . Me ; I’m a white or grey guy . 
For the record I don’t cut holes in boards - I (expletive deleted)ing butcher them