Where to buy cheap electrical stuff online

Adsibob

I have an Amazon prime account, so normally get my stuff from there. But was slightly horrified to see that a Euro to UK adaptor costs £10 including so called “free” delivery. Given screwfix do a UK to Euro one for 2.99, it shouldn’t cost any more than this. Unfortunately screwfix does not do a Euro to UK, just the inverse. Any ideas?

18 minutes ago, pilgrim said:

Do you need to keep the euro plug on? can you re wire it with a uk plug?

Apparently you say bye bye to any kind of warranty if you do this esp as almost all nowadays are moulded and have to be cut off. Hence our mvhr is plugged in via an adapter rather than removing the plug.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Conor said:

Apparently you say bye bye to any kind of warranty if you do this esp as almost all nowadays are moulded and have to be cut off. Hence our mvhr is plugged in via an adapter rather than removing the plug.

The other issue I have is I would like to trial the light fitting, before I commit to keeping it.

well if it is just a trial you can get a euro plug to fit in a uk socket, once you've safely used something to open the earth pin gate!  

But that is obviously not a sensible idea.... 🤫

My black and decker mouse sander (and some other cheaper electronics) came with a euro plug and the euro to uk adapter as standard in the box. you dont have anything like that lying around that you've forgotten about and never unplugged since you bought it do you?

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 02:29, Adsibob said:

I have an Amazon prime account, so normally get my stuff from there. But was slightly horrified to see that a Euro to UK adaptor costs £10 including so called “free” delivery. Given screwfix do a UK to Euro one for 2.99, it shouldn’t cost any more than this. Unfortunately screwfix does not do a Euro to UK, just the inverse. Any ideas?

Did you try the sort by "low to high" option? Think that gets them down below £5.

On 16/10/2022 at 02:29, Adsibob said:

Did you try the sort by "low to high" option? Think that gets them down below £5 for 2..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/2-Travel-Adaptor-UK-USA/dp/B01C5ZRYL0/ref=sr_1_14?crid=22D4C8KFM2WL7&keywords="euro+to+uk"+adaptor&qid=1666040985&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjM3IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=euro+to+uk+adaptor%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-14

20 minutes ago, Temp said:

Thank you. Clearly I’m completely useless at searching!