Check Reveals

I don’t understand the question!. I have check reveals in my brick and block build, the “check” but means the windows sit behind the brickwork rather than “in” the hole/aperture, the “check” is the brick width (100mm ish).

Edited by joe90

This would depend on where you are fitting your windows, if you are insulating the  timber reveal and lots of different things. 

How much frame do you want to see. 

You eally need to get your windows chosen and the frame design and make a little mock up to get it right. 

Or get a good drawing done so you can check it’s all ok. 

11 minutes ago, ETC said:

Ask the window supplier. Wouldn’t normally have a check with blockwork but would with brick. I’ve seen 15mm-25mm depending on how the fire stopping is carried out.

Hi ETC, it is a timber frame kit, external block work rendered, though the windows and doors have cast stone sarrounds. Your figures seem to tie in with general searches...thanks

37 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I don’t understand the question!. I have check reveals in my brick and block build, the “check” but means the windows sit behind the brickwork rather than “in” the hole/aperture, the “check” is the brick width (100mm ish).

Hi joe

yes i know the outer face of window frame butts up against the inner face of the external block/brick/ cast stone. What i was trying to get is, Ie the window width is say 900mm , is the outer skins width then say 850mm, which results in a check reveal of 25mm ,,  what is the standard,, i assume the check is the amount in which the outer differs from the inner?