Arty farty people wanted.

Russell griffiths

@Onoffwhats the mig welding forum mate, got a link. 
im a bit of a dab hand with the welder so fabricating it is not a problem. 
I also have a mate who makes retro 50-60s style lampshades from fibreglass so the plastic bit isn’t a problem. 
im going to talk to a couple of water jet cutting companies today. 

You can catch a cold if making to sell when such a lamp I think would have to be CE marked. For that you need to submit a Technical File and lodge with an approved body.

Also has to comply with the Low Voltage Directive if mains.

Pretty sure the making of such lamps was discussed on The Electrician Forum a few years back. Someone was making them from pipe fittings. @ProDave might recall?

Link to the mig welding forum:

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/western-themed-lampshade.124392/#post-2134677

• Like 1

Just been looking at the original, it is based on a traditional ceremonial drum. Opaque bit is a drum skin sewn onto a frame with painted mural. No need for laser cutting or anything like that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, markc said:

Just been looking at the original, it is based on a traditional ceremonial drum. Opaque bit is a drum skin sewn onto a frame with painted mural. No need for laser cutting or anything like that.

Do you have a link to that ? As I have had an offer to hand paint it onto a thin fibreglass from a co that just make lamp shades. 

That one in the advert I’m sure is metal. But will re check. 

31 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Do you have a link to that ? As I have had an offer to hand paint it onto a thin fibreglass from a co that just make lamp shades. 

That one in the advert I’m sure is metal. But will re check. 

No link or anything, I was just looking at your pic and remembered a project I was looking at to recreate a Native American scene

• Like 1