Bridged cavity

Radian

8 minutes ago, ProDave said:

2 guns so far  😮

I guess people who hide guns also often come to untimely ends and nobody else knows where they've left stuff like that.

The hammer must have been dropped down the cavity when the builders demolished the top half of the end gable wall that's now the middle of our garage extension. Red star marks the other side of the wall where the hammer was. The electric cables entered the garage at this position hence the missing section of block.

model.thumb.png.be640e47110922f4276f354c190cb74b.png

The worry is, the demolished masonry is now sat down at the bottom of the cavity ready to bridge it when the foundations fill with water. The worst bit is some dudes are showing up tomorrow to pump the cavity full of EPS beads 😬

42 minutes ago, Radian said:

I guess people who hide guns also often come to untimely ends and nobody else knows where they've left stuff like that.

I doubt these were guns you would find used in crimes.  One was a very basic (one bullet at a time manually loaded) WWII training rifle (found under the insulation in the loft of what used to be a Police house) and the other was an incomplete (the twin barrels and one other part) of a shotgun.  Both dealt with by the owners of the houses.

Well I lost a chisel in my brothers wall  cavity when working on it in the 70,s, could not believe my luck when I found it again in the 00,s when breaking into the cavity at floor level doing other work 👀

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Radian said:

some dudes are showing up tomorrow to pump the cavity full of EPS beads

Or not as the case may be. Due to booking me in at the last minute the installers hadn't had time to check the survey details and therefore turned up without the appropriate injection nozzles. Not their fault. They tried fitting us in when a slot suddenly became available and I wasn't going to turn it down just because I wasn't expecting it to be the next day. The problem is that most of the cavities they were coming to fill are behind 150mm of random sandstone backed with a lightweight concrete block so there's 250mm to go in before landing in the cavity. The standard nozzle they came with usually just has 100mm of brick or block with render to negotiate before it reaches the cavity.