Midea Heat Pump - Activating of cooling

Exit

Hi all is there anyone who knows how i can activate the cooling on an Midea air source  heatpump. i was able to set it to cooling but its also showing OFF. 

I have reduced the temperature for the thermostat and this does not change the status to ON. Please if you have any ideas let me know

Welcome to BuildHub.

Are you sure the cooling isn't controlled by dry contacts (i.e., a separate set of contacts to those probably controlled by your thermostat for heating)? If so, you'll need a separate thermostat (or a switch if you're okay with manual operation) connected across the cooling contacts.

I tried downloading the manual from their website but then it needs a password.  How stupid is that for the manufacturer to make the manual a download and then presumably need you to contact them for a password?

This Midea ASHP manual Suggests it selects cooling mode automatically by the wired or wireless controller:

■ Pump operation and space heating and cooling According to the season, the unit(1) will switch to either heating or cooling mode according to the temperature detected by the standard controller (or optional wired controller (4)).

But elsewhere it also says:

● Remote shutdown and Remote cooling/heating is optional function.

● Choose this function by DIP switch SW4_1 (for 1-phase) or SW3_1 (for 3-phase) on PCB board. Factory default has no remote cooling/heating.

If we knew the model number it might help.