Critique my quotes.. - here we go

puntloos

17 hours ago, James94 said:

i was under the impression that there was only one way that everyone did 25mm pir and then the edge strip, mines from wunda 8mm and about to start this job.

Edge strip insulation by JGUHEDGE or similar approved - My builder used this, the architect specified 25mm PIR. This thin insulation creates a bad cold bridge.

i am doing this job now too, i have done a 25mm PIR insulation, but i think that the foam around the edge is for expansion, not for the insulation, and goes in after the VCL membrane

Underfloor Heating and Screed | Professional Advice

4 hours ago, puntloos said:

Quick update on this one - so indeed this is lighting design + supply (20K) and the rest - sockets, cables, switches - 10K. 

It excludes alarm/cameras so as before I'd love to see an actual quote but it's not unreasonable I think

If you think it will help 👍

Elec.pdf

• Like 1

22 hours ago, James94 said:

Just read this bit and would like to ask what the best materials to use, i was under the impression that there was only one way that everyone did 25mm pir and then the edge strip, mines from wunda 8mm and about to start this job.

Edge strip insulation by JGUHEDGE or similar approved - My builder used this, the architect specified 25mm PIR. This thin insulation creates a bad cold bridge.

Regards  James

Historically builders just used the 8mm strip. You need the PIR too to reduce cold bridging

7 hours ago, puntloos said:

Quick update on this one - so indeed this is lighting design + supply (20K) and the rest - sockets, cables, switches - 10K. 

It excludes alarm/cameras so as before I'd love to see an actual quote but it's not unreasonable I think

sorry, missed the previous reply, no cost sheet as nothing has been costed since we started, quote was sent as a text, difference could be down to location as at 10k plus alarm and cameras it's not a million miles away.