Neighbors deserve it

As the longtime dispute echos on finally the day arrives for the internet fibre to be installed. As neighbors will not allow then guys to walk across their garden simply to take a cable from the pole - they dig the street up 😂

3 days of work - at god knows what cost 

9EF2BB66-37A9-46A1-B59C-A6D8BD3A162C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Wait until they go on holiday, and then order 40t of hardcore to be ‘gifted’ upon their driveway. 
A gift once recounted by a few B&B owners who decided to club together and buy one old hag a ‘present’ for slagging all the other B&B’s in her street off anonymously on ratings sites, and then telling someone who then decided to share her secret.

Bingo Bango. 👊.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Wait until they go on holiday, and then order 40t of hardcore to be ‘gifted’ upon their driveway. 
A gift once recounted by a few B&B owners who decided to club together and buy one old hag a ‘present’ for slagging all the other B&B’s in her street off anonymously on ratings sites, and then telling someone who then decided to share her secret.

Bingo Bango. 👊.

I do “ know a man “ who had a dispute with his neighbor. When he required a concrete pour some “ accidentally “ went in his neighbors drain 😂

39 minutes ago, pocster said:

As the longtime dispute echos on finally the day arrives for the internet fibre to be installed. As neighbors will not allow then guys to walk across their garden simply to take a cable from the pole ...

Am I right in thinking that the work-in-progress is relevant here? Would they have prevented access without the work?

If they would have prevented access even if the work was not in progress, then you have a case.  

As it stands, they have a point in terms of safety.

20 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

Am I right in thinking that the work-in-progress is relevant here? Would they have prevented access without the work?

If they would have prevented access even if the work was not in progress, then you have a case.  

As it stands, they have a point in terms of safety.

They prevented access right from the start . Openreach I detect are use to this kind of issue and so just work ‘around it ‘ . If they had allowed it ; then a guy would have needed to literally walk across their garden and there would of been 2 cables ‘passing’ their house ( 1 already existed ; new one would of been at same height etc. ) . The ‘impact ‘ on the neighbor is between negligible and non existent. The neighbor in question doesn’t speak to me ( I speak her sometimes though 😁 ) . All this because my build is approximately 30cm higher than it should be - so she called out the enforcement guy .  

59 minutes ago, pocster said:

I speak her sometimes though

Tell her how brilliant fast your Broad Band is, and how it will be so much easier to run your business from home.

Point out that there is enough parking and turning space for even quite large trucks.

My neighbours still think I am a vivisectionists for the government and I do taxidermy for a hobby.

Well one side does.

The other thinks I am gynaecologist, all I said was 'acute angina', but her English is not too great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Tell her how brilliant fast your Broad Band is, and how it will be so much easier to run your business from home.

Point out that there is enough parking and turning space for even quite large trucks.

My neighbours still think I am a vivisectionists for the government and I do taxidermy for a hobby.

Well one side does.

The other thinks I am gynaecologist, all I said was 'acute angina', but her English is not too great.

When I said I speak to her sometimes that means I tell her to get (expletive deleted)ed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Are they allowed to do that. Some utilities have a statutory right of entry.

Openreach have this power but enforcing it takes time and lawyers court fees etc, 3 days work on an alternative route was probably cheaper.

• Like 1

I had this with electric supplu when they wanted to upgrade the transformer on neighbours land. They started off with "we have the legal right, he can't stop us" etc, which then went to, "you'll have to route from another one 200m away crossing fields and a stream". to finally, aw f@*%k the transformer will probably be fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Bingo Bango. 👊.

Perfect 🤩 

• Haha 1

When I was a BT installer decades ago I have pulled two new cables across land using the existing one, just requires two guys instead of one. (Locked compound we could not find the owner).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Another pedigree thread for the archives…. :D 

Quality at its finest for sure .

Thousands of years from now I envisage a school where the pupils have to do an assignment on the 21st century . Digging through our primitive technology they stumble across this forum and threads . Oh how they will laugh at our futility.