Zoot wood balcony job.

11 hours ago, PeterW said:

Why..?? Assuming it’s planed..? Round over bit on the edges and it will look fine  .

Ah ok. Yes it's planed.. right then can do.

But does that expose the timber by nipping off the tannalise ?

Is the chamfer of r'over idea go with treating it all again? ( only got bartoline dark brown).

1 hour ago, zoothorn said:

Ah ok. Yes it's planed.. right then can do.

But does that expose the timber by nipping off the tannalise ?

Is the chamfer of r'over idea go with treating it all again? ( only got bartoline dark brown).

Should be pressure treated so will have penetrated to a point but using the Bartoline will mean it’s properly treated 

2 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Our balastrade designed for similar fall to your balcony, the structural engineer said I had to comply with this.

image001.png.59bb1b85e3ae853a16f0f35eb17cc993.png

My BCO just said to me, when visited here in june 'do 95mm between spindles, & 1100mm to handrail'. 

zh

• Like 1

Finished! Will do 2nd coat on the ( roundover edged) handrail in next dry spell.. just got 1 on & mostly dry before rain coming midday.

Huge thanks y'all especially Onoff for the metal bits & help with the design, & nozzles from GW. Very kind indeed chaps. Now to get the build signed off. Woohoo!

Zoot.

12DE6E41-A15F-4363-86FF-DB2F13A846CA.jpeg

786D3D09-15E4-4672-A45A-1F3056BB3814.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Is it all going to be stained dark with the Barrettine preserver?

No, I didn't have that in mind Onoff.. just take top rail off & do one more coat/ put back on. 

I did put waterbased clear no nonsense deck stuff on my cabin boards.. seems ok, I think you're point being I should treat the deck too? Which I forgot about.

zh

7 hours ago, zoothorn said:

No, I didn't have that in mind Onoff.. just take top rail off & do one more coat/ put back on. 

I did put waterbased clear no nonsense deck stuff on my cabin boards.. seems ok, I think you're point being I should treat the deck too? Which I forgot about.

zh

I actually meant making the whole thing a uniform colour but up to you. Any cut ends of the deck board need treating anyway. If you have any of the No Nonsense stuff put that on. 

Aldi/Lidl sometimes do cheap deck treatments.

22 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I actually meant making the whole thing a uniform colour but up to you. Any cut ends of the deck board need treating anyway. If you have any of the No Nonsense stuff put that on. 

Aldi/Lidl sometimes do cheap deck treatments.

Yes good idea.. it's the sensible option. The top horizintal brace timber is really poor/ light quality rough 1-1/2" x 3-1/2", so this best dark browned for sure. Spindles, a pain to paint.. might leave them/ £2 each so just replace as of when maybe.

I need to ask a few Q's on here prior to booking in my nice BCO to sign the exthtion build off (impressed so far with my lower workshop build work).. so need a -quick- thread on this topic next.

Thanks alot, zoot

57 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Yeah right, be like me doing a quick thread! 😂

Hehe, well I'm gonna try anyway. My page count is coming down. 

Or I could just get BCO in, & him tell me if X not up to snuff.. but prefer him to see it all dandy 1st time tbh.

30 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

Hehe, well I'm gonna try anyway. My page count is coming down. 

Or I could just get BCO in, & him tell me if X not up to snuff.. but prefer him to see it all dandy 1st time tbh.

Get a pot of coffee on and a nice plate of posh biccies. Distract him with some clever amp your making in the workshop. 

17 hours ago, Onoff said:

Get a pot of coffee on and a nice plate of posh biccies. Distract him with some clever amp your making in the workshop. 

Hmm.. I don't think this will do the trick, he's not distracted easily.

Just snapped some pics of my concerns, & doing a new thread "BCO 'signing off' my build".

Thanks, zoot

1 hour ago, zoothorn said:

Hmm.. I don't think this will do the trick, he's not distracted easily.

Just snapped some pics of my concerns, & doing a new thread "BCO 'signing off' my build".

Thanks, zoot

Low cut top it is then!

• Haha 1