Height of flush on concealed toilet

Mike_scotland

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help, our plumber has installed our toilet but the flush plate is looking rather low and we think it should be higher, we did mention this before it was tiled but it has been tiled now and not moved..... so were hesitant to go back and complain as the tiles are all on now but were not 100% happy it just looks like it should be a bit higher up the wall.

Has anyone got a standard size to share of theres?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Mike_scotland

13 minutes ago, Mike_scotland said:

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help, our plumber has installed our toilet but the flush plate is looking rather low and we think it should be higher, we did mention this before it was tiled but it has been tiled now and not moved..... so were hesitant to go back and complain as the tiles are all on now but were not 100% happy it just looks like it should be a bit higher up the wall.

Has anyone got a standard size to share of theres?

Thanks,

Mike

picture?

So the flush plate is about basin height?  That seems about normal.  A better picture might tell more.  but if you have a loo in a vanity unit there is no way it would be any higher than basin height so just how high would you like it?

24 minutes ago, Mike_scotland said:

Just seems quite a bit low for us

We installed two loos (Toulose?) at  different heights: one a good bit higher than the other. SWMBO and the grandchildren prefer the lower of the two.

Then, in triumph she comes to me and shows me an authoritative article about the best level for a human to read the sports news. The lower the better apparently. Squatting is best .... I'll try and find the reference.  I seem to remember that the article took no account of those of us who have knees that are shot ..... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ProDave said:

So the flush plate is about basin height?  That seems about normal.  A better picture might tell more.  but if you have a loo in a vanity unit there is no way it would be any higher than basin height so just how high would you like it?

unsure what height we want, just looks low when we look at it, was unsure if there is a standard size or not, its a bit lower than the vanity unit thats 800mm high.

2 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

We installed two loos (Toulose?) at  different heights: one a good bit higher than the other. SWMBO and the grandchildren prefer the lower of the two.

Then, in triumph she comes to me and shows me an authoritative article about the best level for a human to read the sports news. The lower the better apparently. Squatting is best .... I'll try and find the reference.  I seem to remember that the article took no account of those of us who have knees that are shot ..... 

the toilet bowl is 400mm off the ground which is "normal" but we just felt the flush system was a bit low, we have seen alot of them higher in photographs etc what was all

20 minutes ago, Mike_scotland said:

Duravit DuraSystem Basic 1148mm Toilet Fixing Frame

Yes, so the position of the flush plate is set in stone as the max height of the pan governs where the flush plate will reside. You cannot have the WC height at one level and the flush wherever you like with a fixed frame.

FYI the height is perfectly normal for a WC. WC and basin vanity units are max 830mm factory height off finished floor level, and the flush plates are usually in the front so at around 700mm off FFL.

When discussing bathroom layouts with clients, I mark out the top of the basin and the top of the bath and they all shriek "that's wayyyyyyyyy too low!!". Then they go home to the house they've been living in for 20 years and realise that's exactly what they've had all that time. Top of bath at ~540mm of FFL looks like a high shower tray, even more so when you mark it on a wall in an empty room. 

Once your pan, seat and flush plate have been fitted, this arrangement will look perfectly normal.  

Edited by Nickfromwales
There's only one n in on lol.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yes, so the position of the flush plate is set in stone as the max height of the pan governs where the flush plate will reside. You cannot have the WC height at one level and the flush wherever you like with a fixed frame.

FYI the height is perfectly normal for a WC.WC and basin vanity units are max 830mm factory height off finished floor level, and the flush plates are usually in the front so at around 700mm off FFL.

When discussing bathroom layouts with client, I mark out the top of the basin and the top of the bath and they all shriek "that's wayyyyyyyyy too low!!". Then they go home to the house they've been living in for 20 years and realise that's exactly what they've had all that time. Top of bath at ~540mm of FFL looks like a high shower tray when you mar it onn a wall in an empty room. 

Once your pan, seat and flush plate have been fitted, this arrangement will look perfectly normal.  

Hi Nick,

Ok thanks for that! information has calmed us down a bit there!

11 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

FYI the height is perfectly normal for a WC.WC and basin vanity units are max 830mm factory height off finished floor level, and the flush plates are usually in the front so at around 700mm off FFL.

When discussing bathroom layouts with client, I mark out the top of the basin and the top of the bath and they all shriek "that's wayyyyyyyyy too low!!". Then they go home to the house they've been living in for 20 years and realise that's exactly what they've had all that time. Top of bath at ~540mm of FFL looks like a high shower tray when you mar it onn a wall in an empty room. 

image.thumb.png.d1a9cd3a81bfb6969121303f5e52c70c.png

this is the dimensions diagram.... so basically is it saying the flush plate centred should be 1012 off the FFL, depending on the extension legs. The top of the toilet bowl is 400mm off FFL which im led to believe is standard

20 minutes ago, Mike_scotland said:

is it not 1148 frame? then adjustable upto 240?

Product Details

• Brand: Duravit
  • Product Code: WD1020000080
  • Dimensions: (H)1148 x (W)500 x (D)155mm
  • Self-supporting
  • For drywall construction
  • Suitable for panelling with plasterboards
  • Powder-coated frame
  • Suitable for pans with a projection of less than 625mm
  • Adjustable feet 0–240 mm
  • Mechanical front actuation
  • Tool-free assembly of the transparent service opening plate
  • Concealed cistern CE tested in accordance with EN 14055
  • Maximum flush volume 9l
  • Marking of filling height
  • Dual flush technology
  • Adjustable flush volume
  • Insulated against condensation
  • Throttle for adjustment of the flushing flow
  • Scope of delivery
  • PE-wall-mounted toilet connection bend DN 90/90
  • PE-wall-mounted toilet connection set DN 90
  • Wall-mounted toilet fastening set M12
  • Mounting accessoires for lightweight construction
  • PE-wall-mounted toilet reduction DN 90/110 for outlet bend
  • 2 cover caps
  • Pre-installed toilet frame for wall-mounted toilet

*Adjustable feet, so the height of the pan AND the flush plate raise and lower, not either independently from what I can read from the description. I only fit Geberit, and the cistern height and flush plate location are fixed. Pans are sometimes required to be installed much higher, to what is called "comfort height", normal for elderly or disabled for eg. I prefer them up at that height tbh, but I am 2 away from the big 5-0 lol.