Recommendation for external sticky tape that "sticks like ( a sticky thing)

Marvin

Hi

Has anybody any recommendations for an external sticky tape to fix to further lagging to external ASHP pipes?

the only ones I have used doesn't "stick like the aforementioned" but is "the aforementioned"

In full sun in summer.

Thanks

Marvin

If you've any left over external airtight tape that's incredibly sticky and durable. Not exactly sure what you're trying to do. If it's fixing lagging to pipes can you use cable ties? They'll be still there long after we've all passed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Has anybody any recommendations for an external sticky tape to fix to further lagging to external ASHP pipes?

Which insulation are you planning on using as most of the standard ones are not UV stable for external use. The only guaranteed ones are foil wrapped semi rigid fibre, and Armaflex HT Solar, or Armaflex Tuffcoat (or similar) Nothing else has UV stability. You can buy coatings but they are usually £60-70 a tub and used on process pipework. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

I already have a good coat of insulation.  

I think that I will use some of the offcut edpm from the flat roof and cable ties as I may need access later. 

Thanks @Russell griffiths Never heard of self amalgamating tape before. Looked it up - definetly going  play with some of that!

Oh another day, and another thing I didn't know I didn't know. ?

On 02/12/2021 at 07:29, Ian said:

I have used the clear version of that on my polythene greenhouse just over 2.5yrs ago and it's still stuck solid now.  

• Thanks 1