Contemporary coat hooks

13 minutes ago, pocster said:

Oh I see ? I’ll get the company to do that also ! . Presume just 2 recessed hooks near the top is sufficient?

Yep - one each corner 

then use a blob of silicone under each bottom corner to stop it moving 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Yep - one each corner 

then use a blob of silicone under each bottom corner to stop it moving 

I’m actually quite excited by this . Although the designer version had ‘ click for pricing ‘ - we know it would of been ridiculously expensive. So to have made something very similar for ( I guess ) a few hundred quid is awesome ! . The practicality of recessed flipable hooks is largely pointless as coats will always be hanging on them ?

35 minutes ago, pocster said:

So this type of thing ?

https://www.direct-fittingsuk.com/keyhole-hangers-round-metal-recessed-mount-insert-bed-connector-picture-mirror-frame-bracket-30mm-x-6739-p.asp

So presumably I cut the plaster back to the osb and mount them recessed ?

Work better with the plate mounted on the item and screw in the wall, although I can’t see and reason why you can’t do it other way a round, just be aware which way up the slot needs to be.

Got a rough price for the timber and machining ( 160cm x 50cm ) at around £220 + vat . Notice on the quote they’ve put walnut mdf veneer ?

Quickly looked at their website “ real “ walnut will be maybe 400 before machining !!! Ouch ! . Will anyone be able to tell the difference? . Also weight wise ; is real walnut going to be considerably heavier ?? 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Yes they can do . Is “ real “ walnut worth the extra cost ?? . Will it look different/ feel different??

Veneered is real walnut so looks the same, just doesn’t crack or warp like solid timber can … does! Bloody overpriced, pain in the arse table that was.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, markc said:

Veneered is real walnut so looks the same, just doesn’t crack or warp like solid timber can … does! Bloody overpriced, pain in the arse table that was.

Think I'll go for the veneer . Cheaper; also at the width I want they would have to biscuit join 3 pieces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

From real timber to veneered wood and £36 down to £7.

All mouth and no trousers...nothing new there!

How does veneered MDF do underwater then?

Cut backs due to brexit , Covid , climate change . Sign of the times