Contemporary coat hooks

45 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Packet of 3:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/klyket-folding-hook-aluminium-beige-50503598/

Also IKEA Bjärnum.

Check out "Umbra" hooks too.

Yeah but that’s IKEA rubbish ( which I’ve installed ) . A nice slab of walnut ( i.e real wood ) with metal recessed hooks ( about 35 each ) - is what I want . Admittedly your coat won’t be on the hook long . Tactile stuff must be quality .

19 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yep perfect . Now I need to persuade a wood machinery company to cut the recesses for those  ( no point me attempting it ) 

Just make a simple jig up (to suit your particular router) that you clamp to your timber and route out with a 3mm bit:

Practice run first on scrap.

IMG_20210909_194548.jpg.ae65f48514df610b339b87b90e34db80.jpg

23 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just make a simple jig up (to suit your particular router) that you clamp to your timber and route out with a 3mm bit:

Practice run first on scrap.

IMG_20210909_194548.jpg.ae65f48514df610b339b87b90e34db80.jpg

Haven’t got a router . Don’t really want the job or to f it up - hence hoping wood supplier will do the work 

13 minutes ago, pocster said:

Haven’t got a router . Don’t really want the job or to f it up - hence hoping wood supplier will do the work 

How about this place?

https://www.robbins.co.uk/products-prices/hardwood/

Available in 300mm wide. Guess you would need to biscuit joint it to make a bigger board. They'll likely know somebody able to pander to your whims.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Onoff said:

Champagne budget / Babysham taste! ?

Robbins do veneered sheet:

https://www.robbins.co.uk/products-prices/sheet-material/

Robbins have the timber but won’t cut the holes .

https://www.woodshopdirect.co.uk/planed-all-round/american-black-walnut-timber/

have the timber and will cut the holes !!! ?

My next question is how to wall mount this . Wall is plasterboard on osb - can’t guarantee where the studs are . I want a no visible fixing ; but don’t want it wobbling / moving . What’s best to use ??

18 minutes ago, pocster said:

My next question is how to wall mount this . Wall is plasterboard on osb - can’t guarantee where the studs are . I want a no visible fixing ; but don’t want it wobbling / moving . What’s best to use ??

keyhole hook. They will fit into the back of the board and then fit flush to the wall. If you’re desperate to keep it from moving then use a couple of blobs of cheap silicone at the bottom behind the board and you can remove at a later date. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Have you not thought about getting a stud detector? ?

Lucky you took all those photos and wrote measurements on the wall before boarding ?

Well ! As you know ! . I tried every stud detector that exists - they are all crap . The positioning of this rack has to be between the door fully open and a socket - so you can bet a zillion quid there’s no stud in between them . Just aswell I osb ‘d everything precisely for these type of issues ( though I was mocked for doing it ) 

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, PeterW said:

No you mount the plate to the back of the wood - recessed - and then you put a screw in the wall. 

Oh I see ? I’ll get the company to do that also ! . Presume just 2 recessed hooks near the top is sufficient?