SteamyTea

Unrolled my own

Recommended Posts

It is not often that Cornwall gets hot. But one thing we do have on the 20 days a year without clouds is very powerful solar radiation.

Now that we are in an area that has been issued with the countries first 'heat' warning from the Met Office, and I know I am going to be working in extreme temperatures tonight, I thought I would try and keep my bedroom a little cooler.

Total price <£

 

IMG_20210720_143844223.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you need now are some lights and a hydroponic system 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SteamyTea, you Nick that from your kitchen at work 🙄, I must admit my south facing conservatory got to 39’ today with all windows and doors open (but no wind) , kept the bifolds to the house shut and curtains closed. For next year when I have more plants I bought a roll of scaffolding green netting to hang in the roof to diffuse the rays a little during the hottest time (to stop plants from burning).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

It is not often that Cornwall gets hot. But one thing we do have on the 20 days a year without clouds is very powerful solar radiation.

Now that we are in an area that has been issued with the countries first 'heat' warning from the Met Office, and I know I am going to be working in extreme temperatures tonight, I thought I would try and keep my bedroom a little cooler.

Total price <£

 

IMG_20210720_143844223.jpg

Is that tin foil or an inflamable alternative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just what are you hoping that will achieve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a hat ....

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice and cool underground people …..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pocster said:

Nice and cool underground people …..

 

Ditto unheated bathrooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pocster said:

Nice and cool underground people …..

 

"Bilbo meets a creature named Gollum who lives on an island in a dark, hidden lake at the heart of the Misty Mountains. He is about the size of a hobbit, but nearly hairless, and slimy-skinned from living in and near the water for so long. He also has huge bulbous eyes, similar to other naturally-occurring water creatures who live in the dark depths. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

 

"Bilbo meets a creature named Gollum who lives on an island in a dark, hidden lake at the heart of the Misty Mountains. He is about the size of a hobbit, but nearly hairless, and slimy-skinned from living in and near the water for so long. He also has huge bulbous eyes, similar to other naturally-occurring water creatures who live in the dark depths. "

Now , now , no need to be horrid to @Onoff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

 

Ditto unheated bathrooms.

But it’s not underground . Winters coming Jon Snow . Roth of SWMBO will curse you ….. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Now , now , no need to be horrid to @Onoff

 

I'll take any attention going at the mo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

 

"Bilbo meets a creature named Gollum who lives on an island in a dark, hidden lake at the heart of the Misty Mountains. He is about the size of a hobbit, but nearly hairless, and slimy-skinned from living in and near the water for so long. He also has huge bulbous eyes, similar to other naturally-occurring water creatures who live in the dark depths. "

 

Tried reading LOTR, gave up. Fell asleep just past the opening scenes of the first film. What complete b@l@cks!

 

Give me Warcraft any day.

 

If I wanted to hear people speak funny I'd go to Bristol or Cornwall. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

 

Tried reading LOTR, gave up. Fell asleep just past the opening scenes of the first film. What complete b@l@cks!

 

Give me Warcraft any day.

 

If I wanted to hear people speak funny I'd go to Bristol or Cornwall. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now