Any idea what this door style is?

Thorfun

Hi all,

was watching a 'Building the Dream' and saw this internal door on one episode.

IMG_0112.thumb.jpeg.c315e7f67e0901d0a790479035a4fc62.jpeg

was just wondering if anyone knew what the style was and where it could be gotten. I really like the colour and the panel look will reflect the black cladding we're having on the outside of the house.

2 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Mexicano.

indeed it does seem to match that style too!

not sure I'm astute enough to tell the difference between the two styles.

https://www.internaldoors.co.uk/mexicana-internal-engineered-primed-white-door

https://www.doorsuperstore.co.uk/product/jb-kind-internal-white-primed-cottage-5-flush-door.html

Wickes call them Geneva.

Others Cottage Oak.

They are not far off being the default.

Though most are a lighter oak rather than brown.

If you are patent and work at it, imo you could be a little below £100 for each door and all the fittings, without fitting. Depending on very recent price rises. Or if you have a heavy, post handle like that one ?. The last lot I did came out at £85-90 or so, but it was 3-4 years ago.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Yes, that’s what I have (fir my cottage?).

Oh I wish.  SWMBO knows at least 2 people with those in their houses so they are common. We had to have something more exclusive expensive.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

The various ones are different in eg weight and quality though, so choose an appropriate one.

yep, wise words. will get to the relevant vendors to 'feel' the doors before purchasing if possible. for us it's at least 6 months away anyway! 

4 hours ago, Thorfun said:

that was quick, thanks! I didn't think I liked 'cottage' style but I guess I do.

You're wanting an external / front door I'm thinking? 

If internal I'd be sawing up some MDF & firing up the router. Thereafter off to the powder coaters. 

18 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You're wanting an external / front door I'm thinking? 

If internal I'd be sawing up some MDF & firing up the router. Thereafter off to the powder coaters. 

nope. looking at internal doors. for the cost of these doors I'm not sure the DIY route is worth it.

5 hours ago, Thorfun said:

wondering if anyone knew what the style was and where it could be gotten

That’s an LPD pre-finished 5P (5 panel) door. 

They do then in a load of colours, about £140 each if you shop around. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

nope. looking at internal doors. for the cost of these doors I'm not sure the DIY route is worth it.

Apologies, you said internal at the start & I missed it! I really like the look in that glossy black.

Just now, Onoff said:

Apologies, you said internal at the start & I missed it! I really like the look in that glossy black.

I'm not sure how glossy it is. that's a photo taken off the monitor so the glossy reflections might be something to do with that. it was Series 6 Episode 5 (https://www.channel4.com/programmes/building-the-dream/on-demand/60958-009?intcmp=video_link:bip_ondemand:episodes) near the end when he's looking at the finished house. it's more of a satin finish by the looks of it. but I liked it as well. it might be that I liked the colour rather than the look of the door. 

it's being added to my list of items to investigate further. ? 

it's a long list.