Fixing a mirror to plasterboard wall

17 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

I've been in work so only just picked this up but my neighbor dropped me off these which I think are a better option and what a couple of people recommended so I'll try these later.16094270733219217781218240814017.thumb.jpg.e4bb9a8e3c29f53230fd5a0aa4798472.jpg

Yes they are good, but did he loan you the tool you need to crimp them into place?

4 hours ago, Onoff said:

Not GRIPITS?

ae235.jpeg.9e1944bd3d51ed9cde32ed3be586a0d0.jpeg

Those are the ones! only ever saw them in my local BM and they stopped stocking them. Glad to see that Screwfix still do them.

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

36 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ah, yes. Apologies. In bathroom mode atm. 

Still disagree with trying to glue ANYTHING into a cut hole in PB. It’s only the paper face, and the paper face alone that you can get any tiny bit of purchase with, so no, and no again. 
If it’s a true stud wall and there is a cavity, then the collapsable “toggle” fixings reign supreme.  

My cut & noggin method seems to work pretty well as the noggins (which I cut to be as long either side as the hole itself, so plenty of area in contact) , glue very well to the inner papered face of the PB. I pull them tight against the wall using some string and a dowel as the adhesive dries.

I've used the grippits to hold up a couple of TVs and they are rock solid. Need to drill a perfectly clean hole though.