Hello from Cornwall

MrTrevithick

Love it. I live near a secret cold war bunker that is shrouded in mystery. Food, beds, comms the lot. The local historical society once wrote in their minutes:

"although evidence that there was/is one there has not yet been forthcoming"

Long story but it's there as I've had a tour ?

Edited by Onoff

Hi, it’s refreshing to hear about something different from the norm. 

@pocster now has a fellow troglodyte on the forum! ... although at least this one is habitable. :)

Ive always loved the idea of having a bunker for a home. I’ve only seen ex-government ones which have either been taken on for commercial uses or for growing weed. Do they come up for sale very often? 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 09/12/2020 at 16:28, Cpd said:

What a bloody fantastic project ! all power to you man, I am very envious!!!! I live on an island on the west coast of Scotland at the end of a non pubic road to absolutely nowhere with the nearest neighbour about a mile away, feels  remote at the best of times. Not off grid as I have electric supply and phone line (which I dug in Myself by hand for a Mile....) but beyond that I might as well be of grid - no shops - no pub - nothing !  I intend to work towards less reliance on the grid as the years go by. The pic is of the view from the top of my garden. Best of luck with the renovations and look forward to seeing how you tackle things. 

955088D4-2A04-4A8C-B651-A08FC410C4A2.jpeg

Many Years ago I was on Raasay, and some chap up there has made his own road, did not get to that end, was always fascinated with the islands as a boy and then a few years ago found out some of my ancestors were from the Hebrides!

Came across this thread because I saw some interesting Reservoirs for sale and wondered if any one had done one on here, This bunker thing is great, really great and Off Grid is the way to go, marvellous.

8 hours ago, Lorenz said:

Many Years ago I was on Raasay, and some chap up there has made his own road, did not get to that end, was always fascinated with the islands as a boy and then a few years ago found out some of my ancestors were from the Hebrides!

Came across this thread because I saw some interesting Reservoirs for sale and wondered if any one had done one on here, This bunker thing is great, really great and Off Grid is the way to go, marvellous.

Not quite, he improved Calum's Road which was indeed a hand made private road made some time earlier.  He has a fantastic website about his off grid living https://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

1 hour ago, Lorenz said:

He must be very old now, it was nearly 40 years ago I was there. I will have a look later through this.

The only time I was on Raasay was about 30 years ago and we didn't go right to the end of the road as there is a very steep section and the owner of the camper van we were in was afraid it would not make it up the slope.

• Haha 1

Wow. Seriously cool project! I’d be tempted to try to get some natural light in there via a light tube or similar, but can’t imagine how much of a pain it would be to get through the roof of a bunker.