Does skirting go behind vanity units or not?

Skirting in a bathroom ...?

Preference would be a tiled skirting to match the floor tiles, or if you use “ordinary” skirting then use solid wood not MDF. Make sure they prime it all round with a decent primer, eggshell is better and make sure you get 2 coats on all cut sides including the one joining the floor. Then bed it on decent sealant to stop any water getting under it and blowing the wood. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Skirting in a bathroom ...?

Preference would be a tiled skirting to match the floor tiles, or if you use “ordinary” skirting then use solid wood not MDF. Make sure they prime it all round with a decent primer, eggshell is better and make sure you get 2 coats on all cut sides including the one joining the floor. Then bed it on decent sealant to stop any water getting under it and blowing the wood. 

It's LVT flooring and they don't do a matching skirting. I've always had skirting in bathrooms, as much as I hate skirting I've never had any issues.

3 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

In a bathroom it might be preferable to get some PVC skirting board so its protected from any moisture ingress.

Prob is, the actual PVC skirting profiles sometimes go yellow with time. Synthetic is better, but white is not great. 
Would a wood lookilikey synthetic suit? 

37 minutes ago, ProDave said:

In our bathrooms, the walls done with multipanel go right down to the floor and sealed to the floor.

The few plasterboarded walls have strips of floor tile cut and laid as tile skirting.

We have multipanel in our bathrooms but only in the showers and likely as splashbacks around the sink. I didn't want it on the walls to the floor....

4 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

We have multipanel in our bathrooms but only in the showers and likely as splashbacks around the sink. I didn't want it on the walls to the floor....

ditto, we also have LVT and skirting (painted well and sealed to the floor) ?

1 hour ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Do you have any trim on the top or is your mirror flush? I can see the sides but what edging would we put on the top?

I packed the mirror out so it’s flush with the splash back and had it made the same width, the same edging as the sides would do I suppose. It’s just edging trim.