Panasonic 9kw Aquarea wiring diagram

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Plus how can the heat pump control the buffer tank as the buffer tank has no sensor, it is purely a buffer tank with no coil etc??

It can’t ..! Need to put a stat in or on it somehow. 

Has it got any insertion pockets or is it foamed..??

And thats a really crap way to wire a pump

and valve on that picture ..! Trigger the valve with the thermostat, then use the micro switch to trigger the pump otherwise the pump is pushing against a closed valve. Daisy chaining is poor design 

Also on the other picture it show a NV thermostat connection and then states 230c switching ..? Which is it ..?

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

and valve on that picture ..! Trigger the valve with the thermostat, then use the micro switch to trigger the pump otherwise the pump is pushing against a closed valve. Daisy chaining is poor design 

Also on the other picture it show a NV thermostat connection and then states 230c switching ..? Which is it ..?

No insertion pockets and it is foamed.

Which picture are you referring to as there are two? 

The diagram of the circ pump wired from the heat pump is what Panasonic are advising. 

The other drawing ( where the circ pump is triggered by the thermostat)has come from heat pump supplier and he is recommending to wire it up this way.

At the moment I am going round in circles as the advise is so conflicting so I put it on here and it changes again.

At the end of the day I just need a working system for a Passive house that I can just forget about. My sparky mate was meant to be coming over from France to get me connected but even that looks dodgy at the moment (but he is old school with vast experience of older type systems) so any advise without turning everything upside down would be beneficial.

Also non of the diagrams include how the tank/immersion stat on the side of the HW tank is incorporated into the design?

As I understand it the stat is wired from the heat pump and is 230v ( I think)

19 minutes ago, PeterW said:

How would you wire it @PeterW? Many thanks

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

Also non of the diagrams include how the tank/immersion stat on the side of the HW tank is incorporated into the design?

Inmersion is wired off Boost Heater. 

or do you mean a different stat..?

Where is the controller to be located in relation to the other equipment

can you run a spare cable and go with the ashp guy decision and if it works great and if not the spare cable let’s you go old skool  at the same location just swapping equipment out.

or run flexes  and make a test rig and make it work and then change to fixed wiring once the wiring has been figured out

Just now, PeterW said:

Yeh that is a standard boost immersion - look at where it says “Boost Immersion” on the wiring diagram. 

Actually ignore me..!!!

That looks like a tank stat so should be hooked up to the DHW on the controller. So controller should say go for DHW when that is open. 

Is this a pre-plumbed cylinder ..?

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Actually ignore me..!!!

That looks like a tank stat so should be hooked up to the DHW on the controller. So controller should say go for DHW when that is open. 

Is this a pre-plumbed cylinder ..?

Thanks Peter. No it is not a pre plumbed cylinder but in the two wiring diagrams it is not mentioned as far as I can see. There is a separate tank stat that ( 2 wire cable with torpedo on the end that fits into a pocket and this goes back to the Panasonic controller) so not sure where/how or why this fits in to the system 

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

Ok has the tank got a pocket for the sensor ..??

And does the controller have a timer on it or is it just to control the temperature of the system ..?

The Panasonic controller looks like it does everything. Trouble is the heat pump supplier is telling me one thing and Panasonic another so hence the confusion from my point of view

2 hours ago, dpmiller said:

does that wee stat even have wires connected to it?

No but when you open it up there is a circuit board where incoming wires should be connected to and two smaller wired are connected to the circuit board and disappear behind the insulation round the tank

25 minutes ago, PeterW said:

No there is a gland on the right hand side. Oddly I think that may need batteries !!

Dont think so as there is nowhere for the batteries and there is a gland for cable access

It's a matching Panasonic cylinder and heat pump so nothing wrong it is just wiring it up to work efficiently. When I look inside the inst booklet it includes these wiring diagrams but as I have already said the heat pump guy (Seconrenewables) has said to wire it up like the one in the other drawings I have sent which shows the ufh circ pump being wired into the room stat base station..

1608152762350964782737465811914.jpg

16081529742922864549884841802037.jpg

3 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

take the cover off that stat and see which wires are connected. I'm guess in the two you can see are for it's thermistor sensor and it hasn't yet actually been wired to anything else...

If you look at the picture of the cylinder there is a grey cover halfway down RH side. Under this cover is the electrical connection to the immersion and the tank sensor connection which is a complete stand alone cable. This cable consists of a two core cable with a metal torpedo which I assume is the sensor so this cable is not connected to the sensor with the rotational wheel

30 minutes ago, PeterW said:

So that other box is the high temp stat. You need to wire as the thermistor wiring or the lower diagram. 

But the lower diagram is not my setup. My flow from the HP goes to a diverter valve and then either UFH or HW. Normal op is to go to UFH and then when heat is called for HW the valve operates to change the flow. 

Ok so that could be a 24V valve ...! What label is on it ..?? So it’s part of the heat pump set up and I can now see why the installer wants you to use their wiring ... that’s not ideal as the high level stat I expect needs 230v to operate so you can’t wire this as a normal W Plan or S plan if they have provided a 24v valve (and I think that’s diverter but not sure without the model number off the valve)

Did Secon provide this all as a kit that works as one ..? I am concerned that if you wire it as per their description and something is “wrong” then Panasonic may not pay out as it is not wired as per MIs

Did Secon provide any other info..? And is there a buffer in all this ..??

14 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Ok so that could be a 24V valve ...! What label is on it ..?? So it’s part of the heat pump set up and I can now see why the installer wants you to use their wiring ... that’s not ideal as the high level stat I expect needs 230v to operate so you can’t wire this as a normal W Plan or S plan if they have provided a 24v valve (and I think that’s diverter but not sure without the model number off the valve)

Did Secon provide this all as a kit that works as one ..? I am concerned that if you wire it as per their description and something is “wrong” then Panasonic may not pay out as it is not wired as per MIs

Did Secon provide any other info..? And is there a buffer in all this ..??

Valve is 240v, it says on it. It is a VC6013 Honeywell. 

Yes second provided as a kit.

Yes there is a buffer tank.

16081975093116267943366300726229.jpg

16081975894958634251905962018555.jpg

1608197606629931261115351133962.jpg