My 240v drill have died - replacement suggestions

Triassic

My cheap and cheerful Nu-Tools 240v drill has died after a long hard life. It's the drill I tend to use then all the battery drill batteries have been exhausted and are on charge. I need a drill with a tradition chuck, I already have an SDS drill. So, what would you recommend?

Unfortunately i can't find the invoice, so I must not have bought it from eBay :( 

but it was something along these lines

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-DRAPER-20498-600W-ELECTRIC-HAMMER-DRILL-VARIABLE-SPEED-IMPACT-DRIVER-/262389170560?hash=item3d179d0180:g:-YEAAOSw9j1XEU96

maybe it was £30..... maybe it was on offer but i essentially bought the cheapest 240v drill i could find, ;) 

siegen make some reasonable decent hand tools, spanners etc, so if thats anything like them, then prob not bad at that price,

then again, that silverline is probably the same generic stuff as all the other cheap stuff so not a bad buy either, just treat it as a consumable,

Don't forget Gumtree & Preloved etc if you don't mind second hand. There's a few "used only about 4 times" etc for £20 ish. Better of course if you're local to the seller. There's plenty of power tools get bought by/for non diy'ers then sit under the stairs until someone has a clear out. Equally some think they no longer need it as they've gone cordless. Thinking that way you might get a better make. My first Bosch lasted me 20+ years and two houses.

32 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

when you fancy an "upgrade" ill take that off your hands. Some bstard stole mine and they don't make them anymore :( 

✌️️

I sold mine on eBay a couple of years back for no reason whatsoever other than I had just bought the 2014 twin pack ( with the less than impressive 2-speed ) and wanted to put the money back in the pot rather than own 2 combi drills. 

WHAT A BAD MOVE :(

Ive been scouring the usual places for one ever since, and then my sparky chirps up that he doesn't want his anymore and did I want it for £20. 

SOLD! ?

( so basically, in answer to your question ) NO CHANCE ?

4 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I tried the auger bits with sds but bloody clutch kicks in

My old 3-speed makita 18v sends them through like a knife through butter. 

I have considers trying these but just worried about how much harm I can do to myself with it. :/

yep,

one surefire way of destroying your sds,

half of one hole and I went to the van and got the combi out,

[oh, just read that back, so it does appear that you actually can have HALF of a hole,,,,,   :)  ]

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

I had a quick look in B&Q, Bunnings, Aldi and Argos, the cheapest main drill I could find was £12.95 in Argos. 

I think we have a winner with that! :)

Might be a better bet going for their £13.99 on as in don't go for the cheapest?

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7106062

;)

I went through a phase of buying I think Nu-tool tat from Makro as they were dead cheap, got a:

dead cordless drill,

dead mains sabre saw,

dead 24V sabre saw

working circular saw

working mains delta sander

I use NONE of them!

3/8" router from Aldi - working save for an irreplaceable broken piece

dead mains brad stapler from Aldi 

I use neither of them

Got 9.6V Bosch and 12V Makita drills with no batteries etc.

Could probably fill a couple of filing cabinet draws with duff power tools!