It Finally Packed Up On Me

Gone West

I have an air blown sewage treatment plant with a Secoh EL-100 air pump that had been installed for ten years. The air pump stopped working the other day and when I opened it up the inside was covered in metal dust. The magnet had obviously stopped running centrally and had been rubbing against the metal surrounding the coils. I don't know why it did that but I've replaced it with a Secoh JDK-100 and hopefully it will last at least ten years as well. It has run continuously for all that time so not too bad. The new one uses a lot less electricity so one bonus.

• Like 1

knees and right ankle are my sore points --but hope once i stiop being onthese damn bankings at 40 degrees they might stop complaining 

easy week on the body --hired a 3t digger --but major brain  fade problems getting used to the controls and moving 3 things at one time -first time working a digger for me 

a lot harder than flying a plane 

its  a new takiuchi 230 --very mouse powered is my impression of it -  and the blade is not wide enough --tracks are slightly wider so if you are trying to flatten uneven ground the tracks can end on a high bit and that will tilt the blade and dig in more at one side,so you have to have 3 goes at same bit ot get it flat -middle -then left and right 

bit of a gimmick really 

I,m trying to scrape off all the old crap and roots of my roads down to old tarmac etc 

you would have thought by  now they would have an auto dig or level function  

like set the depth and it keeps doing it all you have to is close the bucket and lift it out 

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

Keep at it, you will soon get the hang of it.  The Dozer blade on mine was wider than the tracks.

+1 to that, my wife, son and me are all self taught. It's good fun, especially when your turn it in its side