Comments on shed design please

Tennentslager

I'm thinking of putting this shed in the corner of the plot so that it marks the boundary (we are in the middle of a wood) and faces into the garden.

I've an idea of having a covered decking area with sheds on either side, giving a outdoor work place or maybe somewhere nice to sit.

Tool store idea is to have two doors with plenty hanging space and a shelved area inside.

Roof is plain (felted) and slopes back from the front to the rear.

Happy to rethink...any comments?

Shed drawing.pdf

It is complicated but hey that's the fun.?

The weather comes from the opposite direction to the opening so I'm sure it'll be good.

Not as sure about storing hundreds of squids worth of kit in the tool store but in a full year of stuff lying about the site not a single thing has sprouted legs...

It is well sheltered too. Big for trees and 2m high bush everywhere.

Your shed is really two sheds isn't it.

Can I suggest you think about what happens when it's finished as planned... and you sit there on the decking with a drink (Lager maybe?) and eye the gap between the two sheds. And then it starts to rain.

Plan to bridge the gap while you build the two sheds. (Oh, you might also design and build a midge machine gun)

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this as it's time to crack on and get it built before Christmas...can you hear me @Onoff ?

I got 40 sheets of 18mm structural OSB for free and they are on site. cladding will be larch horizontal overlap style.

Now, originally was going for a 4*2 frame with OSB on the outside. 

But I've so much OSB might double it up inside too. this being the case I could do the frame in 2*2 and save some cash...thoughts?

I wired a whole house where the owners had OSB as the finished internal face. They loved it. I hated it, it looked like an erm, shed.

So 2 by 2 frame, 18mm OSB inside and out, and timber cladding outside. Sounds good to me.

12 hours ago, ProDave said:

I wired a whole house where the owners had OSB as the finished internal face. They loved it. I hated it, it looked like an erm, shed.

So 2 by 2 frame, 18mm OSB inside and out, and timber cladding outside. Sounds good to me.

Wish they'd done my lounge.....some clown did the walls in hardboard on  <25mm tile battens. The 35mm dry lining boxes used bow the walls out. At least they were good enough to finish it in woodchip!

Edited by Nickfromwales
Naughty word
  • Like 1