P5 chipboard flooring

MAXWELL

Are most brands of the plain P5 chipboard flooring the same quality or are some better than others also are the flooring sheets with the protective coatings worth the extra money as they  cost considerably more per sheet 

32 minutes ago, MAXWELL said:

Are most brands of the plain P5 chipboard flooring the same quality or are some better than others also are the flooring sheets with the protective coatings worth the extra money as they  cost considerably more per sheet 

Protective coatings or sheeting are with the extra 

Caba deck 22 mil is pretty standard within the industry 

8 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Usually OSB3 these days for that?

I still don't reckon it's as good as marine ply on a flat roof. Screws hold better, edges hold up better etc. (I'll probably get some stick for that). 

Slightly off topic but I refoofed a Wendy house with 18mm OSB3 then painted it with No Nonsense wood treatment. I never got around to felting the roof, just slung a tarp on weighted down with some roof tiles. It's been like that for about 3 years now. The edges of the OSB3 have "grown" as in they've thickened from 18mm. 

Would the wood treatment maybe break down the glues used to hold the OSB3 together?

I see OSB3 used all the time on here I know. I don't think I've ever seen anyone paint it with anything.

Edited by Onoff

29 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I still don't reckon it's as good as marine ply on a flat roof. Screws hold better, edges hold up better etc. (I'll probably get some stick for that). 

do you mean WBP Ply or Marine ply ..?? There is no benefit in using marine ply as the only guarantee is the voids within the plies and there is zero stress on a flat roof unlike a boat hull. 

24 minutes ago, PeterW said:

do you mean WBP Ply or Marine ply ..?? There is no benefit in using marine ply as the only guarantee is the voids within the plies and there is zero stress on a flat roof unlike a boat hull. 

Marine ply. Like the super expensive stuff I bought when I did the bathroom / bath deck and surrounds. No voids and just excellent imo. 

Is ply not better in bending than OSB3 of the same thickness?

Edited by Onoff