Connecting 3 rain water downpipes

I have three rain water downpipes A, B and C that need to get to the soakaway. 

909003021_Screenshot2020-05-03at11_39_46.thumb.png.5c0f1ae1aab0971359800d2dc121b62f.png

Starting at 'A' it looks easy, an 87.5° bend, into the drain pipe and away she goes, en-route to 'B'.

The first obstacle to negotiate is the 90° left turn which I presume I do with two 45°'s. I then end up in the vicinity of downpipe 'B' where I have another 90° turn to negotiate plus I need to incorporate downpipe 'B' into the drain run.

What is the easiest way to get a vertical 68mm pipe into a horizontal 110mm drain that is just about to turn a 90° corner? Is there such a thing as a 90° bend with a spigot coming out of the side of it? 

(Image edited to show the position of the slot drains that will also need to join the drain run.)

TIA

Edited by Russdl

Don’t ..?? 

Straight run from A to B, with a 45 bend before you get to B

What are you doing to keep leaves and crud out of the soak away system ..??

I’ve used these then into a P trap, then into the run with a T fitting. 

• Thanks 1

+1

No need to keep it so close to the wall. The downpipes don't have to go into the top of the pipe run. Do the underground stuff in 110mm and there are rubber adaptors to go from 80mm down pipes to 110mm at ground level

Edited by Temp

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

on’t ..?? 

Straight run from A to B, with a 45 bend before you get to B

I should have said, but I was trying not to over complicate the post. I have to go round the long way round as there is also a slot drain at the back door, just before the 90° left that will also join the drain run.

7 minutes ago, PeterW said:

What are you doing to keep leaves and crud out of the soak away system ..??

I have leaf traps for all the downpipes  and plan on using a silt trap prior to the soakaway.

To do the 90° bend and get downpipe 'B' in on the act, could i use a 45° bend, then a 45° equal branch (with the branch sticking up to take the downpipe) followed by another 45° bend?

9 minutes ago, Temp said:

No need to keep it so close to the wall. The downpipes don't have to go into the top of the pipe run

I've edited the original drawing showing the location of the 2 slot drains that need to be incorporated into the drain run as well, I thought I 'd leave them out for clarity but that seems to have backfired!

Re downpipes.  I used110mm 110mm hoppers with a grill over them and the downpipe ending just above them.  the grill catches any leaves that come down the downpipe.  I dod not like the idea of a direct connection.

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

110mm hoppers with a grill over them and the downpipe ending just above them.

I've got these leaf catchers which is a slightly different take on the same idea.

image.png.a175214f4efd2b80c6d5fc9b1f7059dc.png

4 minutes ago, Temp said:

Have you considered putting an inspection chamber near B?

I hadn't, no. I'd only ever considered the drain following the line of the house. Not sure why. Ignorance I suppose, plus following the footprint of the house would require no digging (just back filling later).

@Russdl I did what you have proposed using 90 degree bends. I started at the highest point, the equivalent of your A, and ran the 110mm pipe next to the slab foundations, in what looks like a french drain, sloping down to the the end which for me was easy because I dump the roof drainage onto the road so don't need a soakaway. There are not many leaves to worry about in my case but if necessary I can disconnect the base of a downpipe and hose out the obstruction. I connected the downpipes directly into the 110mm pipe using a T connector and an adapter. The soil pipe is a little way out from the wall and so using bends at the end of the downpipe I could angle the bends one way or the other to pick up the T connector near the corner.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

and ran the 110mm pipe next to the slab foundations, in what looks like a french drain,

Thanks Peter. That's pretty much what I will be doing but I left a bit of the detail out of my original post to keep it simple - I think it just made things more complicated!

The idea that came to me (below) after I posted the original question is I think the one that will work, according to the tape measure anyway. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

5 hours ago, Russdl said:

To do the 90° bend and get downpipe 'B' in on the act, could i use a 45° bend, then a 45° equal branch (with the branch sticking up to take the downpipe) followed by another 45° bend?

I used these - working really well.  Didn't want leaves building up in the gutter - I'd rather the problem low down for easy unblocking!

Depending on falls - I'd prob run door threshold to A and then straight run from A to B.  How much H2O will the threshold produce?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CC45 said:

I used these - working really well

The leaf catchers I'm planning on using? Good to hear if it is, do they splash much? Dependant on rainfall I suspect.

9 hours ago, CC45 said:

How much H2O will the threshold produce?

Very little, but I'll be going 'round the corner' as that is a 'dig free' route that needs backfilling anyway.

These drains up being relatively pain free, just me overthinking it as usual. The only real problem I had was going from an 80mm down pipe to the 110mm drain over a short distance with direction changes. I couldn't find any suitable adapters and then a friend of mine (sat over 2m) away grabbed one of these that I had lying around

image.png.e59582c688b120de8f6a7861e2eda8e9.png

and pushed it inside the 80mm down pipe. It turns out that the diameter of those two rings on that FloPlast bend is pretty much exactly the same as the internal diameter of the 80mm downpipes so I put a bead of sealant around each of those rings, forced it into the down pipe and it is snug as a bug.

I know fitting that bend into the down pipe instead fitting the down pipe into the bend is not correct but hopefully the Bodge-it-and-Scarper solution will stand the test of time.