Pinch point

Pocster

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

If there is a screen or panel to the shower don't go less than 600mm.  Is there a WC in the far corner?  If this is an en-suite maybe used in darkness the layout may need a rethink.

Yes shower will have a panel . WC indeed far corner .

Problem is SWMBO wants a full length free standing bath - which encroaches on the space a bit . Was planning a 1200 x 800 shower tray . Could go 1200 x 700 to gain a bit ....

Perhaps not an issue as window was for light not ventilation; have mvhr for that .

Not sure why I discounted having the bath going width ways . Does remove pinch point issue ; also allows again for larger shower tray . Some small areas of floor won’t have ufh in this setup - small price to pay I think ...

There are other considerations. SWMBO has chosen a recessed mirrored wall unit that’s over a metre long ....?

20 minutes ago, PeterW said:

In your last picture ... where will the toilet roll holder go ..???

Bath under the window is fine . Shower needs to be wider than 700 as they feel cramped otherwise. 

I would get a sucker-on-with-screw-or-lever one and put it on the shower screen. This is one that has been in a tenanted property for a couple of years so it may be @pocster-proof if he doesn't climb on it. ?

eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01I98PWD4/

First review sounds just like our hero:

it works, it holds, it stays up, nil points for size though, almost get a kitchen roll on that thing, maybe the designer had had an exceptional chili the night before and this was his thinking? I don't know, but be prepared for the biglyness of it

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yes shower will have a panel . WC indeed far corner .

Problem is SWMBO wants a full length free standing bath - which encroaches on the space a bit . Was planning a 1200 x 800 shower tray . Could go 1200 x 700 to gain a bit ....

Can't you get a narrower bath, or has she specified width ?

My new bath is 700mm wide overall and fine for me.

Is this a dead letter now?

Edited by Ferdinand

12 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Can't you get a narrower bath, or has she specified width ?

My new bath is 700mm wide overall and fine for me.

Is this a dead letter now?

Was looking at 700mm wide bath . There isn’t much that’s narrower. Also I can’t fit my shoulders in anything less than 700mm wide . I think the new layout works better 

Toilet roll holder least of my issues - but yep @Ferdinand a sucker one solves that .

Edited by pocster

Do free standing baths have a notch at the rear below the feet level for the waste to come through ? . Can’t take my waste straight down as ufh in the way . Though I could run it horizontal for a bit until past ufh ... just wondering 

22 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

I can't quite tell if it's still too tight a quadrant shower might help.

Put some boxes etc to simulate getting around things 

Sink box on left . Shower rectangle on right .

As I said I have been a bit greedy and increased shower tray from 1200 x 800 to 1200 x 900 - so I could gain 100 mm 

Shower will have a full glass screen to that edge 

546957F7-1B5C-47A1-8D75-46C5BFF78AB2.jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

I think the squares of ply are deceiving my eyes and making the gap look smaller than it really is.

If everyone who has to use it is happy then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks!

Yes ; I thought the same ! Funny isn’t it - you can see the real width - but you kind of see the ply which then fools you . Actual corner to corner distance is about 58cm .

I allowed a ‘bit’ of play for the sink as shower tray once purchased is a fixed thing - so can probably creep a few cm away from the shower . I’ll punt my luck on the 1200 x 900 tray ?

@bassanclan ; also the sink unit ( already purchased ) is a wall mount so no pedestal . Assume , as you’ll see more floor - will give the illusion of a wider gap .

As I said I can move the sink along but there’s a vanity unit which is 1.2m long - sink obviously centre of that . Too much towards the window though and I’ll encroach on the free standing bath ...

Edited by pocster

1 hour ago, pocster said:

546957F7-1B5C-47A1-8D75-46C5BFF78AB2.jpeg

I remember similar concerns! Thinking the "gap" between bath and wet room corner would be tight. Tbh I was more concerned you would feel off balance when crossing the very corner of the wet room corner where it's laid to falls. In reality you don't even notice it. With hindsight I'd have gone steeper on the falls.

SAM_3398

Having that OSB there and it looks like an immovable object as the wet room corner did for me. Once done you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

20190626_205045