Round rooflights

canalsiderenovation

57 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

It’s not just the purchase price, every follow on trade will want loads of extra money to deal with that. 

Best left alone unless you have a mega budget. 

? mega budget we do not have!

I'd love to see the window you mention thst @Weebles has. Hopefully she will be around soon to make me green with envy

Is that a true round roof window?  Or a Solar Tube? (also known as light pipes etc)

We had a solar tube in the last house to give light to an otherwise dark landing.  It was easy to fit and the inside bit on the ceiling just looked like a flush light fitting.  So much so that people kept asking us "where was the switch to turn the light off"?

13 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Is that a true round roof window?  Or a Solar Tube? (also known as light pipes etc)

We had a solar tube in the last house to give light to an otherwise dark landing.  It was easy to fit and the inside bit on the ceiling just looked like a flush light fitting.  So much so that people kept asking us "where was the switch to turn the light off"?

It's a true round window. I can only find it on one of the brochures I was given on the home show https://roof-maker.co.uk/rooflights/flat-rooflights/

The follow on trades bit that @Russell griffiths Mentions hasn’t been an issue. Plasterers were v reasonable. We painted it ourselves (a delicate balancing act). The trials and tribulations of the experience are on my blog post......(I think)

If I was to build it again I would be a lot more brutal with the architects design. Because this was not cheap. And was a right PITA. Lessons learned. Costs cut elsewhere instead.

1 hour ago, Weebles said:

If I was to build it again I would be a lot more brutal with the architects design. Because this was not cheap. And was a right PITA. Lessons learned. Costs cut elsewhere instead.

Sounds like my never used rear bedroom balconies... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canalsiderenovation said:

@Weebles oh wow that looks epic! We have a bungalow so we wouldn't have the height issues. Which company did you get it from? Is it the one I mentioned.

I'll read your blog shortly.

we used vision AGI.  Not straightforward. But then nothing ever is.....

the height didn’t cause us too many issues. Though painting was a challenge, and cleaning the glass might never happen again ?