Eclisse pocket door confusion

Pocster

15 minutes ago, Temp said:

I found these instructions which appear similar but only have one white "catch" rather than two.

https://www.eclisse.co.uk/content/installation-accessories/603024103%20Scheda%20Rallenty%20BIAS.pdf

I think it might catch on the shaped end of "Item C". 

Does your kit have the same or similar part?

Need to check what item c is 

On 27/03/2020 at 18:09, Temp said:

I found these instructions which appear similar but only have one white "catch" rather than two.

https://www.eclisse.co.uk/content/installation-accessories/603024103%20Scheda%20Rallenty%20BIAS.pdf

I think it might catch on the shaped end of "Item C". 

Does your kit have the same or similar part?

The C bit is in the top of the rail . Anti slam just goes over it . Something has to hit that white rocker to trigger the anti slam but there isn’t anything .

14 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Just had a quick look at the instructions.  Your runner with the nut and bolt is the wrong way up.  Not sure if it helps but probably best follow the instructions!

image.png.96469cda3c3626567f4d9c7ed673b241.png

Yet - I noticed that after posting . Correct way round now .

That part C lip bit is causing me confusion now . Screwed it to a piece of wood to test how all this supposedly works - gone back to the double anti slam just too see ...

9CF1B730-4E95-49E3-BA05-12564A7F3F89.jpeg

7EC5A3A8-3FA7-4BF3-AEE4-AAD91709CB2E.jpeg

Bet @Onoff just looks at anything work nicking in the background.

Eclisse instructions are terrible because they send so many variations. None of them are particularly clear even if you stick with one set . So I assume this is correct because it appears to work ! . Next step stick it in the frame and get that pig of a door on it .

*#%^##^

^#^*^#^

What a pig ! . Ok , I’m doing it on my own but ffs ! - with a 50kg door it’s a nightmare !

This is the single most thing I’ve sworn at on the entire build to date !

It’s on ‘loosely ‘ . Assuming I can adjust ( what minor adjustments there are ) it won’t be coming off again !!

So the little ‘rollers’ that you fit on the finished floor before installing the door can f right off . I’ll cut them in half and glue them in .

ffs !

8DC02D42-3AF6-4CDD-8A65-C6ADC93CF0BB.jpeg

05205F7C-D52C-45DF-B5F2-974B80759FE4.jpeg

The next pita - the lock .

Can see how it works . Turn and ‘arm’ comes out and hitched into tuning fork shape . So I’ve got to cut a recess into the steel frame ?!? . I really don’t get the ‘design’ of this entire system . It’s not thought out - everything’s a pita !

C40021D2-7EE0-4CE5-A760-56845D7485B5.jpeg

4D11A142-656E-43ED-A2F4-6E1E1C52C9D7.jpeg

6CB8DDD0-D691-4733-A6E7-2328C771BCC4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

I feel you pain. I would have launched that thing down the bloody garden by now.

It’s so ill conceived. Months ago I briefly looked at the instructions ( all 4 versions ) and thought f this !

But alas as I have to build a stud wall over the door frame in the ensuite I have to do it some day . SWMBO of course thinks it looks fab ! . It is smart - but installation designed by an idiot .

I can drill the steel - but that will look shite . Why they couldn’t supply a decent catch ( strike ? ) plate I don’t know . Then at least it could over up the hole that’s a mess . Not sure what to do on this . Better eBay see if there is a multi tool steel cutter blade . I hate things like this because you only have one chance . ? . I need like 5 attempts before I get it right .

Maybe ?

https://www.toolsandpartsdirect.co.uk/dewalt-dt20707-multi-tool-blade-titanium-metal-blade-31mm-x-43mm-fits-dcs355-dwe315?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8v7-2pjH6AIViLTtCh2pJQe4EAQYAiABEgIsg_D_BwE

I had to buy a set of small spanner’s as there’s no way of getting an adjustable spanner in above door and frame to tighten it 

0F22D41E-81C4-45ED-A329-CA319D9D0357.jpeg

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

It’s so ill conceived. Months ago I briefly looked at the instructions ( all 4 versions ) and thought f this !

But alas as I have to build a stud wall over the door frame in the ensuite I have to do it some day . SWMBO of course thinks it looks fab ! . It is smart - but installation designed by an idiot .

I can drill the steel - but that will look shite . Why they couldn’t supply a decent catch ( strike ? ) plate I don’t know . Then at least it could over up the hole that’s a mess . Not sure what to do on this . Better eBay see if there is a multi tool steel cutter blade . I hate things like this because you only have one chance . ? . I need like 5 attempts before I get it right .

I think a multi tool will be hard work, slipping ect. I would prob go for a series of small drill holes, going larger to link them, and then file it out...... Ok. Ok. I would bin the lock. Who needs that level of privacy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big Jimbo said:

I think a multi tool will be hard work, slipping ect. I would prob go for a series of small drill holes, going larger to link them, and then file it out...... Ok. Ok. I would bin the lock. Who needs that level of privacy

I know ! F ing mare ! . I’m going to leave it “for now” . Think I’ll go and glue some pipes incorrectly .

4 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

It looks amazing. What a great job, when faced with such adversity, ( shite instructions ) you are doing

That’s really appreciated. There are hurdles still to be overcome ( ignoring the lock ) . You are meant to install on the finished floor . But as it’s going in a wall that’s kind of tricky . Tiling the floor is going to be one of the last jobs . So when I get to that I’ve only guessed the door will clear the tiled floor . That’ll be funny if it doesn’t !

Edited by pocster

1 minute ago, pocster said:

That’s really appreciated. There are hurdles still to be overcome ( ignoring the lock ) . You are meant to install on the finished floor . But as it’s going in a wall that’s kind of tricky . Tiling the floor is going to be one of the last jobs . So when I get to that I’ve only guessed the door will clear the tiled floor . That’ll be funny if it doesn’t !

Or not !

Eclisse have already replied . Obviously want to push this to the seller . I didn’t buy direct from Eclisse as I got a slightly better price elsewhere . So email number 2 on route . Too be fair the seller just sold me the door asked for - I’d been talking to Eclisse in the past and choose from their website .

Edited by pocster