Site Clearance

Danny68

Took last week off work to clear the bottom of the garden  ,With the aid of my Son who was obliged to take annual leave (shame he couldn't take it when it wasn't  piddling down )we cleared just over 9 ton of scrap metal .Very satisfying to tick one of the jobs to do off the list .We may need to put the rake over the lawn ?.

20191126_091851.jpg

20191130_152517.jpg

20191126_161732.jpg

• Like 1

What will you do, get skips in for the scrap or just call a scrappy? 

Careful with people seeing what you have on site in the way of diggers etc. Some in the scrap fraternity can be a bit dubious if you know what I mean! ?

11 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I made over £1500 from the scrap out of the old demolished house. Take it all to the scrap yard, you’ll be supposed with the value in s crap!

Same same. Had around 9-10tonnes of metal, its approx 90-120£/t depending on where you go. Don't leave it to the scrap guys if you're hands on anyways, pays a few weeks of petrol, lunches and little extras so def. A bonus.

Sorry for not replying sooner, Onoff I run it into the scrap dealers less than a mile away .

It's a fantastic  plot or will be after its cleaned up , moving the scrap was a 3 stage process Firstly by hand  up a steep slope to where I could load in to dumper ( first time I've used a dumper so settled on a 1 tonne To get used to ) then  2 days loading the dumper and driving 100 mtrs up the hill to where I could get a truck in . Finally  loading on to the truck and running 12 loads to the scrap dealers .

A few numbers :

Tipper truck hire £80pd x 2 + £50 in diesel S&JRomford

1 tonne Thaites Dumper £160 pw +£40 + (diesel not known yet ) Wickham Diggers

Scrap 9 Ton this included £58 for 7 old car batteries. Biggin hill Scrap dealers

Waterproofs for pampered Son £28 Decathlon sport.

Total out going              £438

Scrap money received £602 = +£164 ?

20191128_115600.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny68 said:

Austin A35 apparently every panel pulled apart ,God knows how long it had been there.

20191121_114406.jpg

I'll bet someone would have taken that to rebuild.  If you had any paperwork it might have been worth something?