Concrete pour in heavy rain.

zoothorn

@zoothorn well done - it seems the few days off the forum and chatting things through with your builder have been very beneficial. Looks like you have reached a conclusion with regards to the initial concerns, albeit not a perfect result but one you are happy to accept.

Note to Mods & zoothorn - far be it from me to suggest how things are done but perhaps this thread has now run its course and any fresh concerns can be started in a new thread otherwise they may get lost in the thick of this one.

1 hour ago, Redoctober said:

@zoothorn well done - it seems the few days off the forum and chatting things through with your builder have been very beneficial. Looks like you have reached a conclusion with regards to the initial concerns, albeit not a perfect result but one you are happy to accept.

Note to Mods & zoothorn - far be it from me to suggest how things are done but perhaps this thread has now run its course and any fresh concerns can be started in a new thread otherwise they may get lost in the thick of this one.

Blimey some kudos.. I'm gonna fall off my perch. Thanks RO.. I thought I dealt with this (a v. heavy call) pretty fkn well tbh: kept him happy but showed I was aware of mistake gaining a bit of a bargaining position. The fact I didn't kick up a fuss over this AND the dumper-in-forest police fiasco.. as any other client would.. = some respect from him.

Yes- understood: thread's drifted off topic from concrete/ rain > to the build > to police matters > & on to this tricky & stressful situation/ mistake opening a can of worms & hence the many replies. Right time to draw a line.. hope the build can progress A+ from here.

The fact I vented some stress out on here, rather than at my builder, has been extremely beneficial in the end.. so thx alot for reading my bllx & apologies if I got a bit shirty. zoot.

Edited by zoothorn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, zoothorn said:

[...]

The fact I vented some stress out on here, rather than at my builder, has been extremely beneficial in the end.. so thx alot for reading my bllx & apologies if I got a bit shirty. zoot.

[...]

Thanks for the recognition of the effort we have made in helping you.

Getting shirty  (as you describe it) works only in very limited circumstances, and once you've ripped your shirt off and stamped on it, there's not a great deal left to do. The trouble with doing that often is the same as swearing too much.

It switches people's sympathy off. It reduces sensitivity. And so lowers our capacity to help you.

State the problem briefly. Stick to facts. Shows us documentary evidence - documents, images, sketches, video. Use emojis to help us know about your mood.

Use the smallest number of words possible to accurately describe the issue : if in doubt cut.  Thats not an easy task.

Ok. We’re getting somewhere ?.

10 hours ago, Redoctober said:

Agreed. 
Any last thoughts folks before this becomes read-only? ?

“Say now, or forever hold my piece.......”

@zoothorn, good luck with moving forward. :). Keep your chin up and your ? together ?

• Thanks 1