A quick one.

I am insulating or extra-insulating three lofts between now and Christmas.

Unfortunately none of them qualify for the freebies, so I need to obtain rockwool insulaiton.

Where is the current best price? I reckon I need about 100-120 sqm of the 100mm under-stuff, and perhaps 200 sqm of the top layer, which could be 170mm unless I skimp and I hate skimping on basics like this unless the expense is eyewatering.

Can anyone recommend a supplier, or a half price / opening / closing down / seasonal offer?

At Wickes it will be a little over £1000 I estimate with 4 for 3s and a Trade Card and 5% cashback on the Amex. I hope to do better than that.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

You sure?

Wickes are doing a 4 rolls price that knocks 20-25% off the price. I make it sub £800 before your trade card and Amex.

100mm = 11.08m2 @ £14.99 = £1.35/m2 * 120 m2 = £162

170mm = 6.47m2 @ £19.99 = £3.09m2 * 200m2 = £618

= £780

Oh, and I'm sure 2x170mm top layer counts as skimping on here :D

Edited by daiking

Thanks all.

I will also need pipe insulation because one boiler is in the attic with about 10m run of uninsulated hot pipes.

But they are in a sort of mounting plate which holds them close together and parallel so it will probably be the normal not thick stuff.

The insulation plus the pipes plus an insluted loft hatch should knock 25% off the energy bills, however.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

Thanks all.

I will also need pipe insulation because one boiler is in the attic with about 10m run of uninsulated hot pipes.

But they are in a sort of mounting plate which holds them close together and parallel so it will probably be the normal not thick stuff.

The insulation plus the pipes plus an insluted loft hatch should knock 25% off the energy bills, however.

Ferdinand

JTM for Climaflex which is the poly one - decent carving knife to cut and fit it and then tape the joints with duct tape. 

• 4 weeks later...