Electric digger :)

Construction Channel

I did a study (n=1), and in a typical 20min rush hour commute, having the start stop activated in our Eos increased indicated range by 5-7mpg, or 15%. It now really pisses me off when the start stop doesn't kick in sometimes ) battery voltage I think).

The smoking bans are a similar story... Minimal reduction in respiratory disease risk, but we can all agree world is better off with the ban.

4 minutes ago, Conor said:

The smoking bans are a similar story... Minimal reduction in respiratory disease risk, but we can all agree world is better off with the ban.

Not all, now I have to put up with millennium snowflake parents with their overly cherished offspring.

There is nowhere left to be a free minded adult anymore.

• Haha 1

On 05/09/2019 at 14:27, daiking said:

And another thing, how many drivers use their handbrake when stopped at traffic lights? 5%?

theyre not going to switch off their engine if they’re not even in the habit of that.

Mine does that itself. Ditto for hill start.

I had to drive a different car yesterday.  Nearly caused an accident in traffic, as I lifted off the accelerator, expecting the car to do as mine does and just come to a stop, only to find it didn't, and I needed to find the brake pedal.  What surprised me is that in the space of around 9 months or so I've become so used to one pedal driving that I just didn't think I needed to press the brake pedal to stop.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

What surprised me is that in the space of around 9 months or so I've become so used to one pedal driving that I just didn't think I needed to press the brake pedal to stop.

Does not having to use the brakes as often cause any problems with the discs rusting or are they made from composite materials.

5 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Does not having to use the brakes as often cause any problems with the discs rusting or are they made from composite materials.

The brakes still come on sometimes, it's just that there's no need to press the brake pedal, as lifting off the accelerator either uses regenerative braking, or applies the brakes, as needed.  I'm not sure how it decides whether to apply the brakes or use regen, probably a mixture of speed and how far my foot has lifted off the accelerator pedal.  The braking effect if you lift your foot right off the accelerator is pretty strong, and took some getting used to at first.

I'd guess that the brake wear will be much like that on the Prius, very low.  The Prius I did the most mileage in had around 60% brake pad wear after about 65,000 miles, so I'd guess it would do around 100,000 miles before the brakes needed attention.  The i3 is probably much the same, I think.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

What surprised me is that in the space of around 9 months or so I've become so used to one pedal driving that I just didn't think I needed to press the brake pedal to stop.

You must be a demon on one of these ... image.png.b738c50cb40ff32cc38c3d4dc3c12481.png

• Haha 1