Bathroom starts !

1 hour ago, bassanclan said:

I would put ct1 between the frame and the wall/ tray, and follow 21ABCD

Sure . But I’m certain Uncle Nick says no silicone inside the cubicle . He’s upstairs at the moment sorting out mummies grout lines - he’ll be down soon ... 

• Haha 1

Going by my shower screen, I would definitely follow nicks advice and not do the inside... it just traps water then goes green when it can’t escape. 

Im now going to have to remove my screen and redo it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pocster said:

Hmmmmmm, I'm sure magic @Nickfromwales said you ct1 and then fix the frame. But these instructions don't seem to mention that. They suggest sealing the outside ( which is fine) but also the inside which I thought was a big no no - right at the end!

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 13.45.37.png

That reads right to me, as I'm sure @Nickfromwales has said. 21A means seal between wall and channel. That's all you do inside. 

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

That reads right to me, as I'm sure @Nickfromwales has said. 21A means seal between wall and channel. That's all you do inside. 

Yeah but this is step 21 ! . You are just ‘sealing’ the tiny gap between cubicle and wall . I’m sure Uncle Nick meant you ct1 the ass off the cubicle surround . Screw to the wall , then wipe up . Funnily enough he says the same things to my mummy ?

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

Mummies crying now . Not sure why . Just says the odd word to uncle Nick like bastard , (expletive deleted) , (expletive deleted) head ....

Look on the bright side, you'll soon have a half Welsh sibling to assist in your DIY endeavours! ?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Look on the bright side, you'll soon have a half Welsh sibling to assist in your DIY endeavours! ?

You mean a half human entity? ?

Anyway I thought Wales was in lockdown so Nick should be at home masticating ...

• Haha 1

Literally cannot leave you two alone for even 5 minutes. 
NEVER seal the inside. If the instructions say to, STILL DO NOT DO IT. 

The 30mm or so where the wall channel

meets the tray is where the money is. You seal that with CT1 first, and whilst wet apply the wall channel ( with a freshly applied line of CT1 on the back from top to very bottom ) and fix it in place so all wet on wet with the sealant. Wipe off either side of the channel to remove excess. 
Seal outside of glass to finish. 
Lost count of the number of leak damaged houses I’ve been called to to sort out jobs where the tray / wall junction was sealed AFTER fitting the wall channel, with zero sealant between the tray and the tiles. School boy error to the max. 
Most instructions aren’t worth shit though. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Literally cannot leave you two alone for even 5 minutes. 
NEVER seal the inside. If the instructions say to, STILL DO NOT DO IT. 

The 30mm or so where the wall channel

meets the tray is where the money is. You seal that with CT1 first, and whilst wet apply the wall channel ( with a freshly applied line of CT1 on the back from top to very bottom ) and fix it in place so all wet on wet with the sealant. Wipe off either side of the channel to remove excess. 
Seal outside of glass to finish. 
Lost count of the number of leak damaged houses I’ve been called to to sort out jobs where the tray / wall junction was sealed AFTER fitting the wall channel, with zero sealant between the tray and the tiles. School boy error to the max. 
Most instructions aren’t worth shit though. 

Thank you Uncle Nick . I tried to tell the big boys but they wouldn’t listen !! 

• Sad 1

Stress !

Spirit level said vertical at least to my eyes - laser said no ! . Trust laser now !

Annoyingly the patterns don’t seem to line up which is a bit crap ...

Oh yes ! Changed to these ratchet type spacers - I think at the moment they are better !!

231714BD-5281-4C27-A887-E01501E75565.jpeg

796FE812-313F-4925-9AF6-71AAD8C26F65.jpeg